Who is the Basil Fawlty of Sheffield?

higgins

when I was a kid we used to go to a pub in Bamford that had the most miserable, bad tempered and offensive landlord I've ever known - but the place was always packed, and most of the locals thought it was part of the charm of the place - who's your vote for Sheffield's current Basil Fawlty?

when I was a kid we used to go to a pub in Bamford that had the most miserable, bad tempered and offensive landlord I've ever known - but the place was always packed, and most of the locals thought it was part of the charm of the place - who's your vote for Sheffield's current Basil Fawlty?

Wasn't Jim Ireland at the Derwent was it?

Or was it Mr Baldwin when he ran the Anglers?

I used to drink in the Griffin Inn at Ecclesfield and the landlord there was most defiantly the person they modeled Basil faulty on. Don would not let anyone in his pub that he did not like. He even had a sign at the entrance to the pub that said "NO RIFF RAFF" and he meant it!

Archived