Woodside lane in the 50s

GJ2004

1 hour ago, will.i.ams said:

I worked at the council depot on Woodside Lane in the late 70s

I worked there too (late 60s), it was actually on Rutland Street with Rutland Road at one end and Woodside Lane at the other.

6 hours ago, will.i.ams said:

Isn't that what I said apart from mentionindept,g his son what did you do at Woodside Depot St Petre

I worked for Arthur Cavill in the office next to Ronnies on the street sign dept, I left in 1970 just before they moved that dept. to Olive Grove.

On 26/07/2022 at 04:11, will.i.ams said:

I was at Woodside Depot in the late 70s I moved to Olive Grove in the early 80s

When I left Woodside in 1970, there was a rumour that the old City Engineer were going to move  all the sevices and people out from there to Olive Grove and the Parls dept. were going to move in there and stpre tractors and other park maintainence equipment , Did that ever happen ?

3 hours ago, will.i.ams said:

No when we moved the depot closed and was Sold . It was a GREAT DEPOT to work from Ronnie Munks and his assistant? Hewitt (can't remember his first name ) were great to work for I was a Mason Paver

When I was there, Ronnie Munks' assistant was Pat Scanlan and his son Gerry was bass guitarist with Bitter Suite.