Did anyone go to Westways School?

tia1803

there were lots of kids that lived on mona road where i lived that you may remember....jane aldred,jane simpson,jane townsend,peter wall,andrew peckett,chris gordon,sarah,vicky,wendy derbyshire,ruth briggs,david ward,dean murphy oh the list is endless!

hi tia1803, dont know if your still following this thread, but i am one of the names mentioned above. lived at number 100... can you put the photos of the street party on the web as i would like to see all the old faces. by the way since you remember me what is your name? thanks

o yeah i remember davenport at westways and his stupid slipper (ouch!!!)

I remember Gillian Bloomer, Joanne Crafer, Michael Aldred and Alisdair Monson all living on Mona, think some others did too-popular road so close to the school!

mumsyx

hi mumsy, i remember them names. anybody hear anything from alistair monson, i used to live opposite him, think i remember he moved back to scotland if my memories correct. (probably not)

all the best lepp

hi mumsy, i remember them names. anybody hear anything from alistair monson, i used to live opposite him, think i remember he moved back to scotland if my memories correct. (probably not)

all the best lepp

Yes Alisdair did move back to Scotland-not heard anything since he left, did see his brother in Romeos back in the mid-late 80's a few times but thats all,

mumsy

• 4 months later...
Hi there Lois, I only heard about this from a friend at work who'd spotted my name on this forum. Loads to ask - are you still living in and around Crookes? Married? Kids? Usual nosey stuff! I can clearly recall life at Westways but not a second at KES - I think I'd discovered men by then :)

Hi Blondie,

Thanks for your message, I'm living in Walkley at present and I have one daughter who is 20 now and at Huddersfield University. Used to be married but divorced now and with a new partner. How about you?

• 1 month later...
I remember sports days on the Bole Hills in summer, rounders matches in the top and bottom yard and swimming at the university at the bottom of Conduit Road/Northumberland Road with Mr Lions!!

mumsy

The anual sports day on the Bole Hills was a realy big deal back then.

Archived