Did anyone go to Westways School?

tia1803

Wow some real distant memories here....

I vaguely remember the Bensons...two brothers was it?

Clampy too. Stephen Henstock...his older bro is my bro in law...

We always used to go to 'Coplies' across from the bolehills after school.

Mrs. Wheeler was great. Mrs. Hughs used to frighten the life out of me. I always remember her being overly strict for some reason.

Quite a few from my year emigrated too whilst at Westways. Joanne Richardson, Melanie Hoare, Sarah Gillott to name a few.

I remember most of the dinner ladies too, although all the names escape me. I saw one in the Sportsman, Walkley a few months ago and she remembered me!

I remember Miss Green. I kicked her on my first day at school because she told me that my mum would pick me up at lunchtime to which I replied no she wont my dad will! Well that's how the family legend goes anyway. That was the start of a very interesting school career.:hihi:

Mrs. Turton (I think) was headmistress in lower school whilst I was there, Mr. Hanson in upper.

I also remember Mrs. Boyd.

Having a fight with a kid called Phillip Allen, chipping my tooth messing about with Paul Wren and being mates with 'chipmunk' Richard Selby. Oh and a kid we used to call 'Stig'...Nicholas somethingorother. Teachers calling me 'wingnut', and Mr. Coldwell placing a kid called Anjam on the desk while everyone laughed at his shorts!

Remember when it snowed and all the kids used to slide down a huge black ice patch in the lower playground just below the annexe?

Shining times.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived