Carver street

Timbuck

My memories are giving me trouble again..I can't remember the name of the music shop on Carver Street, where I bought my first Hofman Colarama guitar in 1957..I remember a short guy in glasses and a taller one with black hair called "Eric" They owned the place, I bought the guitar on Hp... and i went down to the shop every Sat morning and paid 10 Bob per week untill it was mine.

Originally posted by Tim42

The guitar is a Hofner

"Thats right" I must have been under the influence again when I wrote that...I'm not sure if it was Carver Street either, I think it was Howard Street and the Name of the shop was "Milners"... I used to walk down Carver Street on my way there " All come back now, time for a rest."

• 1 month later...

Now that you've named it . . . . I remember Milners too. I used to drool over the instruments in the shop window, and once in a while go in to buy a set of strings or a plec. I once bought a guitar from a swap shop on Button Lane (is that right?). The guitar was a Black Rose and I thought it was great at the time - never saw another one like it either. "Cann the Music Man" - bet that shop isn't there any more. It used to be at the top of Dixon Lane - more drooling over the shop window!

Tony

I bought my first electric guitar at Milner's too.

An Elgita Musima 707:confused: I think it was Hungarian or something, and I had a sort of hi-fi amp that i used to play it through. We did Southey Youth club once about 1967 and I used to stick the lead from the input straight into the output to get pure feedback!! Then by turning one or two knobs you could vary the tone/pitch of the feedback. We had a 5 minute solo of that!!!!

Strange days!

Archived