Air pistols & guns. Time for them to be licensed?

Should you have a licence?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should you have a licence?

• Yes, all air rifles and pistols should be licensed
    • No, air weapons should be available without a licence
    • I'm unsure

Banning handguns after Dunblane served no purpose other than for the government to appease a group of campaigners who wanted, for reasons of pure ignorance, to ban guns.

Which in my view is one of the many reasons to have some form of licencing for air weapons. A blanket ban isn't so easy to introduce when licencing is in place.

Which in my view is one of the many reasons to have some form of licencing for air weapons. A blanket ban isn't so easy to introduce when licencing is in place.

I agree. Make 'em legally licensed so the 'anti gun crew' can't carp on about it. Like it or not, air rifles ARE weapons, and are more and more getting lumped in with firearms by the press and media. A head in the sand approach 'aint gonna work.

Would supporters of a licencing system for air weapons also support a similar system for catapults, bows, crossbows and blow-pipes and fireworks. If not, why not?

do people still use catapults?? cant remember the last time i saw a kid using one.

fireworks are moving more in that direction

bows / crossbows yes

blowpipes?? hmmmmmmmm not sure tbh

dont see many being blown in the jungles round sheffield?

but tbh most of those can and used to also be made from scratch by kids, guns are guns and cant be made from wood etc

do people still use catapults?? cant remember the last time i saw a kid using one.

fireworks are moving more in that direction

bows / crossbows yes

blowpipes?? hmmmmmmmm not sure tbh

dont see many being blown in the jungles round sheffield?

but tbh most of those can and used to also be made from scratch by kids, guns are guns and cant be made from wood etc

I still use catapults from time to time for garden clearing. I've never chronographed one but I have no doubts you could kill someone at 200 yards plus.

Would supporters of a licencing system for air weapons also support a similar system for catapults, bows, crossbows and blow-pipes and fireworks. If not, why not?

crossbows should be an outright ban there is no use for them they are illegal to hunt with you cant use them on a range there is no need for these but it wont be long before kids are shooting them at each other :mad::mad:

they started on animals :mad::mad::mad::mad:

There are quite clearly defined differences in the uses of these different weapons, and that can really be summed up by which ones are used to hold up petrol stations or shoot at Police cars from tower blocks.

Catapults? No

Bows? No

Crossbows? Yes

Blowpipes? No

Fireworks? No

If the long-bow suddenly becomes the gangster weapon of choice then perhaps licencing would be appropriate. It's not difficult to make clear distinctions if you choose to do so.

I still use catapults from time to time for garden clearing. I've never chronographed one but I have no doubts you could kill someone at 200 yards plus.

yeah i remember when i was akid you could buy em and they were powerful

black widows or someat??

crossbows should be an outright ban there is no use for them they are illegal to hunt with you cant use them on a range there is no need for these but it wont be long before kids are shooting them at each other :mad::mad:

they started on animals :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yip crossbows are nothing more than pimped up bows for people who dont have the dedication to learn how to use a normal recurve or compound bows.

Archived