Air pistols & guns. Time for them to be licensed?

Should you have a licence?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should you have a licence?

• Yes, all air rifles and pistols should be licensed
    • No, air weapons should be available without a licence
    • I'm unsure

I suppose its the percieved energy with catapults. Their large diameter ball ammo has little penetration so its energy is transfered to the target in full whereas a small diameter projectile such as an airgun pellet will penetrate its target and exit it still carrying some of that energy. I still think 8ft/lbs is on the low side though.
a .38 steel ball weighing 46 grains at 200 feet/sec would have 4 ftlb of energy, 10 ftlb for a 12mm ball at the same speed - I don't know what velocities these catapults can generate, but don't imagine them to be actually that high.

sigh, im not talking about in the streets, im talking about full stop, if theyre found in a field and found to not have it licensed theyre in bother
There isn't a problem with scrotes out in the country in farmers' fields shooting illegally - that all happens in city and urban parks and woods, and around the sink estates.

Why Police something that doesn't need policing - there is no point checking up on people who are shooting legitimately.

I suppose its the percieved energy with catapults. Their large diameter ball ammo has little penetration so its energy is transfered to the target in full whereas a small diameter projectile such as an airgun pellet will penetrate its target and exit it still carrying some of that energy. I still think 8ft/lbs is on the low side though.

The weight of the projectile in grains was measured on a set of scales and the velocity of the projectile measured with a chronograph. The results gave 8ft/lbs of energy.

The weight of the projectile in grains was measured on a set of scales and the velocity of the projectile measured with a chronograph. The results gave 8ft/lbs of energy.

There are several high powered catapults on the market and many different ball sizes so its probs about right then using the 450240 equation.

I still wouldnt want to be hit with a steel ball at 8 to 10 ft/lbs, a head shot could easily kill you.

Does anyone remember the catapult that was banned years ago, well I dont know if it was banned but its import was stopped. I can remember one of the local news programmes reporting on it, either Calendar or Look North.

There are several high powered catapults on the market and many different ball sizes so its probs about right then using the 450240 equation.

I still wouldnt want to be hit with a steel ball at 8 to 10 ft/lbs, a head shot could easily kill you.

Does anyone remember the catapult that was banned years ago, well I dont know if it was banned but its import was stopped. I can remember one of the local news programmes reporting on it, either Calendar or Look North.

was it the black widow it had a type of surgical rubber bands

Section 1 firearm = section 1 FAC

Shotgun = Shotgun certificate

Air rifle = Registered keeper, no license, just details taken at time of purchase.

Darts = Required comb over, beer gut and overly sweaty appearance + cheap bling.

Blowpipe = lip-plate required

Catapult = Must resemble small animated yellow skinned spiky haired child, resident Springfield, for easy ID.

Crossbow = Passing resemblance to Bob Monkhouse a requirement; women owners must appear similar to Annie Ashton.

Bow; Long, recurve, compound = Green tights + saucy green cap with large Eagle feather to be worn at all times while operating said bow.

Big 'Ramboesque' knife = must possess micro penis.

Thermonuclear armageddon = American citizen

Section 1 firearm = section 1 FAC

Shotgun = Shotgun certificate

Air rifle = Registered keeper, no license, just details taken at time of purchase.

Darts = Required comb over, beer gut and overly sweaty appearance + cheap bling.

Blowpipe = lip-plate required

Catapult = Must resemble small animated yellow skinned spiky haired child, resident Springfield, for easy ID.

Crossbow = Passing resemblance to Bob Monkhouse a requirement; women owners must appear similar to Annie Ashton.

Bow; Long, recurve, compound = Green tights + saucy green cap with large Eagle feather to be worn at all times while operating said bow.

Big 'Ramboesque' knife = must possess micro penis.

Thermonuclear armageddon = American citizen

Superb Dude, Superb!

Just look at some of the claims by this manufacturer about their slingshot. Coke cans at 150 feet and shotgun ammo setups for moving targets....oh and laser sights, only in America :rolleyes:

was it the black widow it had a type of surgical rubber bands

I think the banned ones were manufactured by Saunders archery in the US.

Archived