Air pistols & guns. Time for them to be licensed?

Should you have a licence?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should you have a licence?

• Yes, all air rifles and pistols should be licensed
    • No, air weapons should be available without a licence
    • I'm unsure

We have laws in place to control airguns. Rather than ban/licence them all how about just making sure when the existing laws are broken a sensible punishment is handed out.

We can't legislate for every moron who decides to be reckless, whether that is with an airgun, a knife or a rubber duck.

If a,person wants to use guns he should join a gun club and all weapons kept there in secure areas.and used under strict supervision.

any one found with a gun should receive a 10 yr jail sentence we might then cut down on gun crime which is costing a fortune in lives ,court cases ,and jail terms,

If a,person wants to use guns he should join a gun club and all weapons kept there in secure areas.and used under strict supervision.

any one found with a gun should receive a 10 yr jail sentence we might then cut down on gun crime which is costing a fortune in lives ,court cases ,and jail terms,

Apparently there is a 5-year mandatory sentence now for possessing an illegal firearm (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/jun/21/ukguns.ukcrime).

People still get shot by illegally held firearms.

I don't think adding (low power) airguns to the list of illegal weapons would make one jot of difference.

Would a ban on air weapons reduce the number of people, pets and property that are shot by them?

As in most (all?) cases suggested there the user of the gun would already be acting illegally I don't hink making it 'more illegal' would make any difference.

As per the campaign to do with dogs - 'blame the deed not the breed' I think we should take the same approach with airguns.

In the right hands can be safe. In the wrong hands, both can be dangerous and used as weapons to hurt people/animals.

Archived