Air pistols & guns. Time for them to be licensed?

Should you have a licence?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should you have a licence?

• Yes, all air rifles and pistols should be licensed
    • No, air weapons should be available without a licence
    • I'm unsure

no the fact is i a can see bad things from amountain of other issues that have been introduced to protect the public.

then the parents ignore them, so the children ignore them.

if i remember correctly a gun license is currently required for ownership of a firearm.

now forgive me if i'm wrong but has anyone suffered from a known licensed gun recently?

im sorry but in my view in todays (almost a none gun) society theres no need for guns at all. apart from the obvious military, police etc (even including trained in the safe use of kids)

so willman and dungy you dont see ANY bad points at all from ANYBODY being able to get, carry and use air rifles / pistols at all?

and dungy im not talking about gun clubs etc..........im talking about anybody from yer local chav outside the corner shop up

No, there are a small number of idiots /chavs who use them irresponsibly, but we already have laws in place to say you can't do that.

If we already have a law saying that it's illegal to shoot your neighbour’s cat with an airgun, and somebody is willing to break that law, what makes you think that they'll stop doing it if we add another law to the list that they're already breaking?

All additional restrictive laws would do would be to penalise the law-abiding users.

im sorry but in my view in todays (almost a none gun) society theres no need for guns at all. apart from the obvious military, police etc (even including trained in the safe use of kids)
But target shooting is a commonwealth and Olympic sports discipline - should British competitors be excluded because a minority don't like guns and target shooting isn’t essential?

Criminals use baseball bats in crime - should we ban baseball and softball, because those games have no use beyond recreation, but the bats can be dangerous?

No, there are a small number of idiots /chavs who use them irresponsibly, but we already have laws in place to say you can't do that.

If we already have a law saying that it's illegal to shoot your neighbour’s cat with an airgun, and somebody is willing to break that law, what makes you think that they'll stop doing it if we add another law to the list that they're already breaking?

All additional restrictive laws would do would be to penalise the law-abiding users.

because at the minute ANY idiot can buy and carry one

with a license most wont be bothered, people with criminal records wont get, anybody caught without one would be in bother.

people will always get illegal guns but licensing the good may make it easy to spot the bad

Competitors and other responsible people could have as many guns of whatever kind as they like as long as they qualify for a licence.

They can have heavy machine guns for all I care as long as they are responsible and licenced.

because at the minute ANY idiot can buy and carry one

with a license most wont be bothered, people with criminal records wont get, anybody caught without one would be in bother.

people will always get illegal guns but licensing the good may make it easy to spot the bad

You may not have noticed, but since handguns were banned in the UK, handgun crime has risen by several hundred percent.

Nice theory, doesn't work in practice.

But target shooting is a commonwealth and Olympic sports discipline - should British competitors be excluded because a minority don't like guns and target shooting isn’t essential?

Criminals use baseball bats in crime - should we ban baseball and softball, because those games have no use beyond recreation, but the bats can be dangerous?

SIGH

and if somebody wants to learn to shoot, maybe to become a sportsman they join a proper club and shoot licensed.

some chav rabbiting down the woods aint gonna become our next olympic hero from it

thats fine as a personal viewpoint, which i think is valid.

however i don't see a need for motorbikes for under 18's.

cigarettes for any one, alcohol for under 21's.

these aren't essential imho and cause more antisocial behaviour than air pistols, but i'd never get that passed either.

Archived