Air pistols & guns. Time for them to be licensed?

Should you have a licence?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should you have a licence?

• Yes, all air rifles and pistols should be licensed
    • No, air weapons should be available without a licence
    • I'm unsure

If only this country had continued with national service, perhaps by now we would have a sensible and healthy gun culture in this country like other countries enjoy. Sadly its too late now, bring in liberal gun laws now and there would be carnage because of all the morons.

why would you, C?

If I'd got a bit of land I'd think about having a go. Amatuer rockets etc. too. Just out of curiosity, really, to understand the mechanics in better detail.

Clay pigeon shooting is quite enjoyable. Even plinking tin cans.

Safety is of concern though, and we shouldn't be selling guns at local shops to anyone, but guns can be used responsibly.

Using a rifle to shoot birds/squirrels/rabbits etc. for the pot.

without playing devil's advocate, why would anyone need a gun/ outside of the police or army? not sure about farmers

Nobody NEEDS a gun, but you could say the same thing about javelins or hockey sticks or baseball bats.

There are people like me who partake in target sports (not hunting, TARGET)

without ever hurting anyone or glamourising gun use.

There are people like me who partake in target sports (not hunting, TARGET) without ever hurting anyone or glamourising gun use.

Would you say guns were good for society or bad? Access to guns should be an option for people, relative to safety laws and stuff like that?

If I'd got a bit of land I'd think about having a go. Amatuer rockets etc. too. Just out of curiosity, really, to understand the mechanics in better detail.

Clay pigeon shooting is quite enjoyable. Even plinking tin cans.

Safety is of concern though, and we shouldn't be selling guns at local shops to anyone, but guns can be used responsibly.

Using a rifle to shoot birds/squirrels/rabbits etc. for the pot.

I own quite a few guns ranging from fairly expensive over and under shotguns that I use for clay shooting and pre charged air rifles and pistols that I use for target shooting. My hunting days ended many years ago when I realised how ridiculous it was me adding to natures struggles for survival and I decided target shooting was my thing, I love guns and I love their well engineered feel.

thank ya'll for the answers. still, as the reasons are for 'enjoyment' couldn't we just say a blanket ban as it seems to have infinitely more benefits than the alternative. after all, it takes a bad day and a 'he was so nice quiet sort of fella lets rip on a shopping mall'.

All guns should be banned, with or without a licence!

What's the point in owning a gun? Lets face it, they were only created for one thing, killing!

The only people who should be able to own guns are the army and people who hunt livestock for a living.

This will reduce the risk of some nutter who goes to a shooting club flipping out and going on a killing spree!

Are you now saying terrorists shouldn't have guns, what will they do then, throw bullets at people.

without playing devil's advocate, why would anyone need a gun/ outside of the police or army? not sure about farmers

It would be pretty difficult to run a grouse moor or deer park. That's not to mention that since fox hunting was banned control has passed to folk with guns.

Archived