Rugby Union World Cup megathread

firecracker

Who will win the Rugby Union World Cup?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Rugby Union World Cup?

• New Zealand
    • Australia
    • South Africa
    • England
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • Ireland
    • France
    • Italy
    • Western Samoa
    • Argentina
    • Other

Expansion to me, just means MONEY! Why not invite NZ, Fiji, Aust and SA - and have a Champions' League?

I refuse to fly Ryanair thus Buenos Aires would be a bit expensive!

I don't trust their ability to provide disabled facilities.:help:

The above 4 have their own tournament. I think the idea of inviting Argentina to the 6 nations is that they don't have a main tournament to play in every year. Of course they would have to play all they're matches over here as the distance is too great but I'm sure for the benefit of the game they would agree to that with the possibility of maybe every 4 years say, we all play over there. This would also build on relationships between the countries and the tourist business. I know for a fact that the Scottish and Irish fans would make the trip.

Back to tonight, Not being funny but why all the hype about Jonny?

His kicking Stats for this World Cup are not as great as the man himself.

From 4 games he has 12 converted P Goals and 7 missed P goals.

4 missed conversions. His main strength is his 5 drop goals.

I think he should be used as a decoy tonight as S Africa will be marking him off the Park. Let someone else take the conversions and let Jonny concentrate on his tackling, which he is also good at.OK if he gets a chance to go for a drop goal take it but don't go looking to set him up for one as S africa will have that covered. There are plenty of other England players capable of converting a drop goal and the seconds lost in setting Jonny up instead of taking it themself could mean 3 points lost.

Remember Henry at Arsenal? Look how they are playing now since they dont feel obliged to pass to him.

I sincerely wish England All The Best tonight, but let's make it Englands Night and not Jonny's.

Archived