New restaurants Leopold Square

Peter Hughes

Went to platillos last night, and was one of the best meals for that price that I've had in Sheffield. £35 for tapas (all freshly made) and drinks for 2 - lovely!

Precisely my point! and we got dessert to share too! :love:

Their menu and photos are on the website... its a really nice place to go :)

I've been to Platillos twice now.. once for drinks and once for tapas. The vodka lemonades are cheaper than most bars I go in (and they have my favourite vanilla vodka!) and the tapas was lovely.. I shared about six dishes with my friend, the lamb tagine was amazing and the halloumi (squeeky cheese!) and veg skewers were well nice.

I might well be going back next week. I'm a big fan of the wig and pen so I guessed Platillos would be pretty good. I love the airyness of the bar and the big sofas.

I look forward to the others opening, tho I'm a little worried about the chain restaurant side of it all. I guess they're probably good at what they do though. I was impressed by Piccolinos and thats a chain too.

Popolo isn't going to be a chain, they've only got one other restaurant which is in Newcastle. I think the others should be high class chains, so hopefully there won't be anything to worry about.

I'm yet to try out Platillos, but everyone I know who's been has good things to say about it. I'll have to try it out soon.

Archived