Violence on TV

Lickszz

Are you happy with the amount of violence on TV?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the amount of violence on TV?

• There should be more violence on TV
    • There should be less violence on TV
    • Don't Know

Why do you watch it?

I often go 2 to 3 weeks without seeing any television. And it's only the fact that I'm in someone else's house which makes me watch it at all.

Don't get me wrong I do have one, I would be weird not to, I just never want to watch it....

and rarely do.

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Why do you watch it?

I often go 2 to 3 weeks without seeing any television. And it's only the fact that I'm in someone else's house which makes me watch it at all.

Don't get me wrong I do have one, I would be weird not to, I just never want to watch it....

and rarely do.

im compelled by the violence like a rabbit in headlights! This may have gone too far dont you think? muddy coffee milk and sugar

Guest Cutglass

Now the time of posting the original thread was just after 12.00, which would make it officially Aprils Fools Day, sounds suss to me :confused:

Or is it indeed all true?!?!? :heyhey:

Obviously there is far too much violence on the telly, on the streets, playground, workplace....etc....etc...

But at least on the telly you can always switch off, you cant switch your kids eyes off to the stuff they see on the streets around them every day

Originally posted by footeprint

Obviously there is far too much violence on the telly, on the streets, playground, workplace....etc....etc...

But at least on the telly you can always switch off, you cant switch your kids eyes off to the stuff they see on the streets around them every day

yeah brilliant point - but i'd go as far to say that there is too much telly on telly don't you think footprint!

Originally posted by footeprint

I got to agree here...

...and here

Originally posted by miniminch

yeah brilliant point - but i'd go as far to say that there is too much telly on telly don't you think footprint!

Perhaps I need some medication!

K x

The simple matter of the fact is this:

If something is violent or is going to offend you in any way shape or form.. DONT ****N WATCH IT!

The censors spoil everything- we in this country should have the right to see a horror film in its UNCUT version.. we should have that right, and no-one should take that away from us.

Dont complain about something because it offends you on TV if you have just watched it- seriously, just dont.

Firstly, if you don't like films with violent themes, don't watch them. If you decide, you will watch a film like 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' or something, don't be shocked when you see an arm off here and there!

Secondly, why take a violent film and cut bits out? People are watching it for the violence as well as the other things depicted.

The on/off button on your television = self-censorship.

Archived