Clifton Park - Rotherham - What a great place.

I was there on Thursday with the 'Octopus' and a friend's family and to my great distress the paddling pool was closed. I only went there for that :rant: but... I did see a whole gang of police-type looking people walking around and having a strokey-beard meeting which reassured me somewhat.

It also gave me great leverage to persuade my son not to do a runner - again - as they police were alread there waiting to 'get' him ;)

But I hate the way people now have think of paedos immediately. We were at the lido in Matlock and there was an old bloke sat there on his own and my nanny started talking about them etc. Farthest thought from my mind (but all too possible) ... and then his grandson appeared.

The fair looked good though, might take the oldest two back there. One day ........

I love Clifton Park.

We used to spend almost every Sunday there in the summer when my dad was competing in and watching the bowls tournament.

Its a great park for the kids, especially now they have the adventure playground aswell as the fair.

I must have spent years on that Helter Skelter. :D

I can't beileve how good it was, there was a good 20 of us including about 12 kids and 2 of mine won't go to sleep now cause there still excited lol

My other 1 was the best behaved but saying that she's only a month old.

Like i said in a previous post Rotherham should be proud to have a park like that, its a million times better than anything Sheffield can offer, and we have got plenty, good on ya Roth.

Clifton park to reassure people as an extensive hidden CCTV system, unlike bradfield and ferham park which have cctv where people can see them.

The playground, new toilet block, tennis courts, museum and padlingpool are all covered, and all the paths have street lighting.

Clifton park is allways packed, there is usuailly a fre in summer, autumn and spring, and then the rotherham show on the 2nd weekend of september every year, now thats when the park will be packed! it's like the sheffield show but as a lot more to offer, and covers all the park, and best of all it's free parking and entry (if you can find parking in time!) if not there is a free shuttle bus from rotherham interchange every few minutes to the park.

Clifton park as had it's troubles but now the area is under the section 31 act, as is rotherham town centre, clifton and eastwood and the dispersal order is in place, along with a greater police presence, and along doncaster road, all the old victorian houses are to be demolished, and replaced by new student flats anytime soon.

The padlingpool is not allways closed though, especially in the summer, but the best thing about this is, there is a first aid room there, security personal, and a staff presence so you feel safe, it's a shame the mini railway is still not there, after the vandals struck and ripped all the track out about 7 years ago now.

It's by far the best park in the south yorkshire area in my opinion, just take a look at other local parks in rotherham aswell, such as ferham park, and bradfield, fair enough these may have CCTV but they are still a target for vandals.

We visited graves park a few weeks ago, and were discusted in how much downhill the park had got, and to say this is sheffields best and biggest park, it does not even stand up to clifton park not even close!

Clifton park to reassure people as an extensive hidden CCTV system, unlike bradfield and ferham park which have cctv where people can see them.

The playground, new toilet block, tennis courts, museum and padlingpool are all covered, and all the paths have street lighting.

Clifton park is allways packed, there is usuailly a fre in summer, autumn and spring, and then the rotherham show on the 2nd weekend of september every year, now thats when the park will be packed! it's like the sheffield show but as a lot more to offer, and covers all the park, and best of all it's free parking and entry (if you can find parking in time!) if not there is a free shuttle bus from rotherham interchange every few minutes to the park.

Clifton park as had it's troubles but now the area is under the section 31 act, as is rotherham town centre, clifton and eastwood and the dispersal order is in place, along with a greater police presence, and along doncaster road, all the old victorian houses are to be demolished, and replaced by new student flats anytime soon.

The padlingpool is not allways closed though, especially in the summer, but the best thing about this is, there is a first aid room there, security personal, and a staff presence so you feel safe, it's a shame the mini railway is still not there, after the vandals struck and ripped all the track out about 7 years ago now.

It's by far the best park in the south yorkshire area in my opinion, just take a look at other local parks in rotherham aswell, such as ferham park, and bradfield, fair enough these may have CCTV but they are still a target for vandals.

We visited graves park a few weeks ago, and were discusted in how much downhill the park had got, and to say this is sheffields best and biggest park, it does not even stand up to clifton park not even close!

Wheres Bradfield park?

Have to agree ! How does he know - is he one of them ?

read the local press,muggings,alcohol abuse,druggies,just to name a few without going into the seedy world of peados,rapists etc

somewhere i wouldnt want my oh or females to walk around,

It depends, in the day it is pritty safe, but by night as with most if not all parks (except ours which is gated and padlocked after 7pm!) have this problem, i know graves park used to have this problem down at the woodseats end!

read the local press,muggings,alcohol abuse,druggies,just to name a few without going into the seedy world of peados,rapists etc

somewhere i wouldnt want my oh or females to walk around,

Its just the same as any other park.

Plus any previous issues have been highlighted and are being dealt with. Most people tend to frequent the park during busy daylight hours anyway.

You really are being a tad over the top.

Archived