Clifton Park - Rotherham - What a great place.

read the local press,muggings,alcohol abuse,druggies,just to name a few without going into the seedy world of peados,rapists etc

somewhere i wouldnt want my oh or females to walk around,

You could probably associate any of the above at a given time with any public park in the UK.I bet you dont even know where Clifton Park is so why pull it down like that.Have a run down tomorrow or indeed any day in the summer and take a look for yourself,Iguarantee it will be full of families enjoying themselves and no trouble whatssoever,if what you say goes on Iv not seen any evidence but I dont know what goes on late at night when its empty,probably the same as what goes on in every other park but it dont happen at the important time..In the day.

And I would like to see for myself all these so called press reports because I live about 5 minutes away from the park,read the local rag and Iv never seen any reports to that extent.

Methinks maybe a little too much plonk is blurring your vision when reading

You could probably associate any of the above at a given time with any public park in the UK.I bet you dont even know where Clifton Park is so why pull it down like that.Have a run down tomorrow or indeed any day in the summer and take a look for yourself,Iguarantee it will be full of families enjoying themselves and no trouble whatssoever,if what you say goes on Iv not seen any evidence but I dont know what goes on late at night when its empty,probably the same as what goes on in every other park but it dont happen at the important time..In the day.

And I would like to see for myself all these so called press reports because I live about 5 minutes away from the park,read the local rag and Iv never seen any reports to that extent.

Methinks maybe a little too much plonk is blurring your vision when reading

I also live around the cornet from the park in eastwood, and have never known any serious problems, except for the rape a few weeks back and the vandalism to the fairground back in 2001 and thats it mainly, i feel safer walking around clifton park, than i do graves park and thats no word of a lie!

I've only been a couple of times to the museum.....which I might add is a lovely place to visit. The park looks lovely. Am I right in remembering there are Roman remains - columns or some such near the museum?

I also live around the cornet from the park in eastwood, and have never known any serious problems, except for the rape a few weeks back and the vandalism to the fairground back in 2001 and thats it mainly, i feel safer walking around clifton park, than i do graves park and thats no word of a lie!

Suppose he'l be saying next,dont drive down tunnels cos thats were people get killed..the press says so

I've only been a couple of times to the museum.....which I might add is a lovely place to visit. The park looks lovely. Am I right in remembering there are Roman remains - columns or some such near the museum?

If you mean the stone colums, they are near the maze and sundial behind the museum near the grazy golf course and top toilet blocks.

The park is well worth a visit, i prefer the top end of the park near to the bowling green as it seems more peaceful, and the peace gardens area is nice aswell (side of the museum) as is the mini maze, compared to the livery padling pool, playground and fair area at the bottom end of the park.

Suppose he'l be saying next,dont drive down tunnels cos thats were people get killed..the press says so

And yeah rotherhamer i agree :D what area are you located in? Eastwood, Clifton, Herringthorpe or East Dene? if you don't mind me asking.

Archived