Clifton Park - Rotherham - What a great place.

I used to go to Herringthorpe as lad, it was the first time i had seen it in ages today , its still massive, i used to watch Cricket on there.

And yeah herringthorpe playing fields, had some good times on there :D not much as changed, except they seem to have put a path streight throught the middle of the playing fields! still it as around 7 football pitches on there, the leisure centre, and the running track and playgroud (whats left of it) and it's only a 5 minute walk down middle lane from clifton park :)

Clifton park is not even that big, but it as loads of playing fields, a permanent fair, 2 playgrounds, a big paddling pool, tennis courts, basket ball court, a bandstand, a museum, a war memorial, peace gardens, grazy golf, roller blading rink, bowling greens a skate park, and loads of fields, and there's even a mini maze at the top of the park :)

My kids used to love it there when they were young, we'd take a picnic and stay all day. In those days it also had a mini-train and donkey rides.

i wouldnt walk round clifton park with my kids,

been once i was frightened felt very seclded and vunerable,

not a place id go to again

You must be a very nervous,agraphobic person then,in the daytime the place is packed with families so to be honest I couldnt think of a safer place to be,unless its in a multi locked windowless room

Rotherhammer, Me thinks you of all people are the deluded one as you are a so called local, don't you read the Advertiser, record or guardian all local papers have all highlighted the recent troubles, muggings, attempted rape drug problems and the local gangs intimidation etc. etc or are you another one of the "turn a blind eye brigade" worse still its all happening on your doorstep.

You must be a very nervous,agraphobic person then,in the daytime the place is packed with families so to be honest I couldnt think of a safer place to be,unless its in a multi locked windowless room

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!

i am a mum of 2 girls when i read a local paper saying a 14 year old girl was assulted outside the toilet block then no im sorry ill pass on visiting that park.

wake up

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!

i am a mum of 2 girls when i read a local paper saying a 14 year old girl was assulted outside the toilet block then no im sorry ill pass on visiting that park.

wake up

I'm afraid that this sort of thing happens all over the country, if people are going to be that despicable they won't care where they do it.

I have been going to Clifton Park since my childhood and have had no problems and I now happily take my own kids there for a day out.

Please don't let this sort of thing put you off from visiting what is a beautiful place.

Suppose he'l be saying next,dont drive down tunnels cos thats were people get killed..the press says so

Your'e asking the wrong person that question, perhaps direct that one to Prince William/Harry i'm sure they both would like to voice there opinon.

Well i have just got back from the park today and did not feel scared, also unlike all parks in sheffield, many parks in rotherham now have CCTV! operateing equipment and staff walking around the parks, it's afterdark when it becomes a no go area, and to be honest, who's going to take there 3yr old kids to go in the paddlingpool at 10pm!

It was packed today, with everyone on the field and playground, so we decided to go to our local park behind parkgate retail world, and that was empty! but we had a good time on there :)

Archived