Honda Civic Type 'R' - Opinions please

honda civic type R. Whats it like on petrol? do you feel any power out of it, is it worth a buy?

A mate had one for a while, it was a nearly new demonstrators car. It was fast and handled well but you have to really clog them to get the best out of it, therefore fuel consumption becomes heavy.

He eventually sold it and bought the much better built Seat Leon Cupra R.

I nitrous injected one for a friend earlier this year - it became reasonably quick then.

They are a nice thing - Honda build quality, lovely engine and fair handling. Not bad at all, but as stated earlier, they will drink a lot if you rev them, and you have to rev them to get power, but they'll tootle around nicely at low revs too.

Our lasses sister has one in that weird orange colour. They use a 2.5 L Volvo engine. Its fast and looks cool as but still not as well built as the Seat R. Its probably the ultimate chav racer.

The Seat R is built in Spain...just look at the build quality of their hotels. enough said.

My mate has one they're sweet, but you need to have the moolah. I saw a regular civic the other day that someone had tinted the windows, put on crappy argos rims and exhaust tip and had the cheek to stick an 'R' on the back :gag:.

Archived