Honda Civic Type 'R' - Opinions please

Its a shame you need the RAC following you with Alfa's. There 147 gta looks better than all the cars mentioned.

With the exception of the offset number plate.... destroys the aesthetics of the frontend completely IMO.

Well maybe not completely, but you know what I mean.

Plus, 250BHP through front wheel drive with no diff is starting to ask for trouble.

• 4 years later...

I rented one of these cars a few years back for 3 days and I really didn't want to give it back, it was a great car. On fuel economy it had a gauge on the dash to inform you how economical you were driving; this would I suppose help you if economy is an issue, but of course doesn't stop you from putting your foot down when the notion takes you.

There were a few minor things I didn't like, like the rear view was split by the rear spoiler just at the level to prevent you seeing the faces of the people in the car behind, no good for looking at the pretty woman behind you at the traffic lights or seeing the narky tailgater's face when you slow down (winding those types up never gets boring:hihi:). It was a little gimmicky with pointless stuff like a big red button used for starting the engine though I did quite like the needlessly stylish stainless steel foot pedals.

I'd love to own a civic all in all a splendid car IMO.

great cars i had one for 2 years, bullet proof relability and around 30mpg not the quickest of hot hatches but no slouch, i wanted another hot hatch with more toys and power so went for the mazda 3 mps, wont be beaten for value in the hot hatch range imo ;)

Archived