Sportsman @ Crosspool - Pants meals

willowwisp2

Went on Saturday just gone for lunch and found meals to be poor with gerbil sized portions.

I personally had a chicken burger which came with about three chips, a single rasher of bacon, and bits of lettuce for £6.00. (It's not something I normally choose for a meal before anyone starts slagging the selection!).

Another had lamb for £9.00 which appeared to be the smallest cut possible and lemon fillet fish which looked like a piece of driftwood.

S'pose I should have said something at the time but didn't want to cause a scene at a family meal.

I know it's all about opinions but think twice before going.

Went on Saturday just gone for lunch and found meals to be poor with gerbil sized portions.

I personally had a chicken burger which came with about three chips, a single rasher of bacon, and bits of lettuce for £6.00. (It's not something I normally choose for a meal before anyone starts slagging the selection!).

Another had lamb for £9.00 which appeared to be the smallest cut possible and lemon fillet fish which looked like a piece of driftwood.

S'pose I should have said something at the time but didn't want to cause a scene at a family meal.

I know it's all about opinions but think twice before going.

- Why did you not say something? Coming on here and now giving this place a bad reputation with out giving them the opportunity to put it right is not really fair play is it?

Had a burger at The Museum last week, against my better judgement.

It was an 'Italian Job' and as someone who feels horrified at the thought of paying nearly seven quid for a burger I was very pleasantly surprised. A huge, quality British beef burger, several rashers of bacon and a load of blue cheese along with decent salad and chips.

It was excellent!

- Why did you not say something? Coming on here and now giving this place a bad reputation with out giving them the opportunity to put it right is not really fair play is it?

Some people just don't want confrontation.

I'd always complain if a meal was poor, but my other half would never ever. And that sometimes(!) makes me keep quiet.

The pub shouldn't have the need to put things right, they should give out a decent meal in the first place.

I do concede to your point Jackdanny as shown in my original message, but I think Swordfish hits it on the head.

This wasn't a case of a one off bad meal. It's obviously their policy to issue poor quality food.

Rest assured, I have complained in the past at other establishments, (although I've rarely had to).

Had a burger at The Museum last week, against my better judgement.

It was an 'Italian Job' and as someone who feels horrified at the thought of paying nearly seven quid for a burger I was very pleasantly surprised. A huge, quality British beef burger, several rashers of bacon and a load of blue cheese along with decent salad and chips.

It was excellent!

Where is the museum?

im surprised the sportsman hasn't closed down to be honest.

the crosspool tavern and its carvery is far superior

:D

Apart from the fact i believe food hygiene has closed it down before!

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/business-detail.php?business_id=57794&inspection_type=FH

Not too high on the scoring even now.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=133179

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/D94FCDEC-E054-4E7E-B271-E927D0B8AC39/0/COS060108.pdf (page 3)

Though this was a year ago and it claims that management and chefs from that eriod have all since been replaced.

Archived