The Ritz cinema

smary

anyone remember george from1958 at the ritz he used to get on stage and sing [lay that pistol down boy] we used to cheer him on

I didn,t know his name was george but I remember him very well!!!

• 1 month later...

The Ritz was a bingo hall for a long time. It was real success in its hey-day. Unfortunately I never saw it as a cinema, but when visited as a bingo hall, you could tell it was once a cinema.

I used to imagine all the good films that had been shown there, which was a bit hard with someone calling bingo numbers at the same time.

Unfortunately that big bingo hall on halifax road opened and sealed the death of the Ritz building.

Would like to see some old images of the Ritz.

yes so would i.didn.t go allot to bingo . we moved to walkley/flitted as we used to say/o them hills..

there is some old photos of the ritz ,i came across them by accident a few days ago whilst viewing the thread did you come from parson cross,they are by way of a link in a reply,sorry,cant remember which one,but if you have the time and patience to view them all,it will be worth it.

Archived