Cellar 35, Your opinions???

kieran_grund

After hearing about this place to be opened in the near future, i had a mix of thoughts to go or not. But when i found out it had already opened on saturday i jumped at the chance to go.

I was really pleased with the place, It was nice an chilled down there, it was nice a quite on saturday (but i guessing cos its just opened and has not had that much publicity). The decor nice and simple, and the dance area completley sectioned off from the bar area, and for such a small place i thought this was done really well.

I will be returning, i just hope they can keep the riff raff out of there......

I also poped in on Saturday night as knew one of the bar staff, nicely done, was quiet, as it was its first night, but my mobile didnt work (being in a cellar) and the smoking are aout back, was on the street, so couldnt take my drink out... Ill probably go back but didnt like having to pay 4 quid to get in.

I liked it and I think the decor was good and fairly well laid out. Usual long bar problem and trying to get past to the other end etc. Think it will get too crowded and too hot though on busy nights.

We will see...

i went to the opening night and i was impressed by the decor, particulaly the tables with ice wells in the centre, aesthetics overall were very good as was the lighting. this made a good atmosphere even if it was not as busy as you may expect.

On the downside the bar was rather strange with large blocks of standard spirits such as JD and Stoli, rather than a selection of premiums on wat was otherwise a well displayed and lit back bar. Also it was extremely hot however that is hardly difficult to rectify and not something that would deter me coming back.

overall pretty good just needs abit of refining.

Archived