Speedqueen Comes To Nylon

dansociety

Ok, ok, chiiiiiiilll. :cool:

You're very protective of this night, aren't you? It was just interesting what was written, and I thought I'd add my piece cos I am not tied to any clubs, and nor am I a promoter. Just another clubber or oldbie clubber who appreciate Speed Queen's music. :)

I'm the same, i was in Leeds at the weekend and had heard Speedqueen had moved to Gatecrasher. That's all i was saying.

You have made the same comment twice now. What's the point? Are you determined to spoil the reputation of this place in ordere to big up the venue you are currently connected to?

i posted the same comment again, as dansociety chose to also..

so, wind ur neck in chubby cheeks.

:loopy:

The drummer is 'Bongo Dave', he is very sweet and just never seems to run out of energy.

Speedqueen is an excellent night out, I agree that it sounds like this guy is trying to put a dampner on it.

It is not a gay night, nor a straight night, it is the true meaning of metrosexual, it is the attitude that counts and they get that very right. I hope for Sheffields sake it will be successful, no beered up louts will go to a night like that :-)

the dampners are being put on nylon, not speed queen... dave, ive seen your co*k.

pretty impressive it is too!

:hihi:

sorry dan, much as i like to champion new ventures in sheffield, i've tried nylon 3 times, and each time, found it to be a dive.

i can't be fairer than that, 3 times, and unimpressed each time, i also feel i have to voice my opinions to all my friends too, and can't really see any of them giving you a try neither.

(seeing as we're repeating)x

I have to agree, I cannot stand Nylon as a venue, the staff and customers all seem to have a pretentious chip on their shoulders..

However, SpeedQueen is quite a good night, and I would much prefer it, if it came to a different venue..

This is just an opinion by the way..

:hihi:

sorry dan, much as i like to champion new ventures in sheffield, i've tried nylon 3 times, and each time, found it to be a dive.

i can't be fairer than that, 3 times, and unimpressed each time, i also feel i have to voice my opinions to all my friends too, and can't really see any of them giving you a try neither.

(seeing as we're repeating)x

Well it seems to me your bitter and twisted about somethin, and cant get over it , you need couselling lol or youve got nothin else better to do than slander this venue , If you was really up on the music seen, take a look at where Speed Queen are now. New polished venue Discotheque. you get cant any better than that . So move on and let dansociety do what they do best . Which is SPEEDQUEEN comes to Nylon - Saturday 29th Sept

This is a very special announcement indeed. Nylon Sheffield are very proud to announce a new residency with one of the country's best loved nights…Speed Queen.

A little over 12 years ago, a night was borne in the fair city of Leeds that encapsulated forward thinking, breaking down barriers and great funky 'move your ass to this' house music. What started as a night spoke off reverentially in whispers as Leeds' biggest secret became one of the country's biggest weekly nights running every Saturday at some of the city's best venues…The Warehouse, Stinky's Peep House, Rehab and now Discotheque.

To call this night a gay friendly night would be underselling it massively. It simply is a night where sexuality, race, colour or creed did not matter…all that was important was celebrating the diversity within by having a damn good party. It spawned many a copycat night across the country but as it hordes of regulars will attest you just do not mess with The Queen!

In a masterstroke and a little bit of luck with timing Speedqueen will be coming to Sheffield for one night on Saturday 29th Sept with a view to further collaborations, bringing with her the madcap, colourful, talented and incredibly unique brand DJs, performers, musicians, drag queens and more to have a party at Nylon.

And guess what? YOU'RE INVITED.

The Speedqueen DJs are nationally known as some of the best house DJs around…and trust us they pack a hefty punch and we guarantee they will have you dancing till the wee hours.

Also bringing in some local Sheffield flavour (and showing them we do it as well up in here) are residents Adam and Nathan as well as Watty. Between them they have rocked their fair share of dance floors and are a surefire complement to the Speedqueen DJs. Expect the unusual !!!!

Keep informed about this and all our other events at http://www.myspace.com/nylonsheffield1

you can also email nylonsheffield@hotmail.co.uk or call 0114 2754100.

Good luck with it Guys all the best for the future

Well it seems to me your bitter and twisted about somethin, and cant get over it , you need couselling lol or youve got nothin else better to do than slander this venue , If you was really up on the music seen, take a look at where Speed Queen are now. New polished venue Discotheque. you get cant any better than that . So move on and let dansociety do what they do best . Which is SPEEDQUEEN comes to Nylon - Saturday 29th Sept

This is a very special announcement indeed. Nylon Sheffield are very proud to announce a new residency with one of the country's best loved nights…Speed Queen.

A little over 12 years ago, a night was borne in the fair city of Leeds that encapsulated forward thinking, breaking down barriers and great funky 'move your ass to this' house music. What started as a night spoke off reverentially in whispers as Leeds' biggest secret became one of the country's biggest weekly nights running every Saturday at some of the city's best venues…The Warehouse, Stinky's Peep House, Rehab and now Discotheque.

To call this night a gay friendly night would be underselling it massively. It simply is a night where sexuality, race, colour or creed did not matter…all that was important was celebrating the diversity within by having a damn good party. It spawned many a copycat night across the country but as it hordes of regulars will attest you just do not mess with The Queen!

In a masterstroke and a little bit of luck with timing Speedqueen will be coming to Sheffield for one night on Saturday 29th Sept with a view to further collaborations, bringing with her the madcap, colourful, talented and incredibly unique brand DJs, performers, musicians, drag queens and more to have a party at Nylon.

And guess what? YOU'RE INVITED.

The Speedqueen DJs are nationally known as some of the best house DJs around…and trust us they pack a hefty punch and we guarantee they will have you dancing till the wee hours.

Also bringing in some local Sheffield flavour (and showing them we do it as well up in here) are residents Adam and Nathan as well as Watty. Between them they have rocked their fair share of dance floors and are a surefire complement to the Speedqueen DJs. Expect the unusual !!!!

Keep informed about this and all our other events at http://www.myspace.com/nylonsheffield1

you can also email nylonsheffield@hotmail.co.uk or call 0114 2754100.

Good luck with it Guys all the best for the future

The venue is S***.

The Staff are rude.

I sincerely hope Caz and the rest of the SQ team take my advice, and pull their night from NYLON straight away!!!

:loopy::loopy:

The venue is S***.

The Staff are rude.

I sincerely hope Caz and the rest of the SQ team take my advice, and pull their night from NYLON straight away!!!

if the venue is **** then people, will not go so no need to give the place a kicking .... what will be will be,

hope it goes well for them

The venue is S***.

The Staff are rude.

You do have issues lol Speed queen at nylon for ever lol looking forward to this one . went to the speed queen at warehouse a long time ago, which was a night i will always rememeber, goodluck guys

http://www.myspace.com/soulphisticated

http://www.myspace.com/mahiki_nottingham

http://www.soulphisticated.net

Archived