Speedqueen Comes To Nylon

dansociety

A little bit of history, in case you are interested; About 10 years ago, the very same premises was a club called 'KIKI'S', which hosted an alternative/Gay night called TRASH, with outrageous drag queens like Twiggy on the door, from what I can remember, and it was going to events like that which started me out on my successful drag career!

See you all at SPEED QUEEN!!!

Trash was a legendary night - but isnt what used to be Kikis now Club Sutra/Fez Club rather than Nylon?

This should be a FANTABULOUS night!!!

Needless to say I'll be one of those there, and I thoroughly recommend it; I've been to the one in Leeds, and it is really good, whatever peoples' opinion of the venue is.

I think NYLON is OK, although I haven't been more than a couple of times since it changed name from Bar Matrix; I have always thought it is a good quality, friendly venue!

A little bit of history, in case you are interested; About 10 years ago, the very same premises was a club called 'KIKI'S', which hosted an alternative/Gay night called TRASH, with outrageous drag queens like Twiggy on the door, from what I can remember, and it was going to events like that which started me out on my successful drag career!

See you all at SPEED QUEEN!!!

No it wasnt, fool

I got the wrong end of the stick with this one. Very commercial house night. Not diggin it. Maybe we left too early, but couldn't stand any more.

On the plus side, the space worked well as a club. As I had not been in since it was Bar Matrix and wondered if the transition from pub to club would work.

I liked the night, although the venue is what I would call 'compact' compared to the vast warehouse-like space at Dicotec in Leeds where it is normally held. Because of the low ceiling, it was touch and go for the stiltwalkers, who did manage OK in the end, having to bend down when going through the doors!

Jake, maybe you're right that Kiki's was the venue next door which became Fez/Sutra club; that's held some Gay nights since as well, but in its current form it has very much gone downhill, more like Niche; I wonder if people criticising Nylon as a venue have been getting mixed up with its next door neighbour, whatever it's called now?:huh:

• 9 months later...

Archived