Scissor and knife trade.

tara

Hi Dana.

Im Sharon Heald. My great Grandfather had the Charles Heald & Son cutlery firm. Im looking into my dads side of the family. I was wondering if you found out any other information about it. Id love to know why it closed and who worked there alongside my great granddad and his son.

Thanks

Sharon

• 9 months later...
hi i worked there think i was about 17 im well ive retired now if i remember right it was german company i remember my gran was not happy about me being there don t think i stayed very long but i seem to remember going to pub at dinner times

Yes use to frequent the Bowling Green Pub when I worked there.

I probably packed those I worked at a little Fancy Goods Warehouse we handled those little pearl knives etc. The place was called Ashburys. It was at the top of one of those steep roads near to Footprint Tools. It was my first job and for a whole £5.00 per week I had to Take heavy Parcels up and down the steep lane to the PO then come back and go on a Hafting Machine then do everyone's teas and coffees then Packing then Teas again etc.

Does anyone remember this little Firm I cant find it on Google, not even from the past stuff.

• 4 years later...
On 08/09/2008 at 14:40, Bellstar said:

My hubby Frank Turton (Family name Toni)comes from generations of grinders, his dad frank (Jack) Turton, taught him all he knows. Frank has been in the trade from the age of 15 he is now 61. Im sure he would love to hear from anyone who knows him or knew his dad.

Hi I worked with Frank , true gentleman