Reflex Bar - what do you like about it?

slimsid2000

There's always one isn't there? Yes, that's me! :hihi:

I used to go in there with some colleagues and we do like the music. It did have a nice vibe to it too. I do not know about now though. We go for the music, and it was much better than Flairs, or even that 80's bar which has now turned into an American style place.

A lot of places changes so quickly that nothing really stays the same. I find that such a shame. I have to admit that I wasn't used to 80s music, (says her who used to love her dance music) but I think I had great company, and that changes it for me. We used to bag the corner for a bit of a chitchat as well. It used to have such a mixed crowd, of all ages, that do go in for the music, and a bop or two. I don't know if it is the same now.

I find that the more polished the bars/clubs are, the more it loses its clientele. Reflex used to be good cos it was so laidback.

Please use this thread to say why you like Reflex bar on West Street.

erm... nothing. I broke my wrist severely in there and they wanted me to hang around and fill in an accident form.. no concern for me, or the 40 minutes of manipulation I had to go through to put it straight again before it was set.

Slim, serious question - if there were drugs in a bar, how would you recognise that fact?

Personally I amy very well not notice unless it was very open. The thing is some places do aquire a reputation for a drugs problem or for violence and I was wondering if this was one.

Its continued popularity is a total mystery to me

Dude you think ours is bad? You should make a pilgrimage to the one in Plymouth. They have a chisel behind the bar to chip the punters off the sticky (revolving might I add) dancefloor. Oh my god its bringing back horrible memories just thinking about it. Need a bath...feel..so...dirty.........

IT's the best bar in Town.... WORD!!

I love it because its the only late bar in town where I'm allowed to totally be myself. The Music is increadably uplifting no matter how cheesy it gets. A place that is filled with friendly people who don't care other than having a damm good night out. It's like Fuel for straight people (Even though Fuel Rocks!!). I'd love to do a 80's set at Reflex.. If I knew how to work DJ decks of course.

The added bonus is that there is never a snotty wannabe in sight. They can stick to their yuppie wine bars up West Street & Ecclesall Road for all I care.

Archived