A good local pub

HeffyPye

You may be right but you do realise that the word Pub is short for "public house"? As in, a drinking hole for the general public!

What do you expect?

It seems to me that you might be yearning for some kind of exclusive members only gentleman's club.

Somewhere where I can get served before a mate of the bar person (who has clearly arrived after me) would do for me.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying, but can you honestly say that the Abbey is a better pub now that it was 10-15 years ago?

Lord no,

that was my point.

I said that the abbey 10 years ago was a wonderful pub.

I still go in now though as it is my local, and I find it much improved recently. I never have any trouble getting served quickly. None of the staff are mates of mine. And since the smoking ban it is a pleasure to be in there, as it had fearful smoky atmosphere this time last year. A few less TVs would make it even better and maybe a selection of cask ales, but the guinness is very good and you cannot have everything.

Lord no,

that was my point.

I said that the abbey 10 years ago was a wonderful pub.

I still go in now though as it is my local, and I find it much improved recently. I never have any trouble getting served quickly. None of the staff are mates of mine. And since the smoking ban it is a pleasure to be in there, as it had fearful smoky atmosphere this time last year. A few less TVs would make it even better and maybe a selection of cask ales, but the guinness is very good and you cannot have everything.

A few less TV's ? Do you get a lot of transvestites in the Abbey?

Archived