Balti King, Broomhill.

Miss_60

Originally posted by Carmine

Last time I ate at the 7 Spices they took an hour to serve us with food that had been closer to dust from Mars than it had to being warm.

It's been some years since I went there but I found that I was waiting quite a while but I had no complaints with the food.

I would strongly advise against the Balti King.

Ordered take away from there the other night:

It took one and a half hrs to get to me (kept promising it would be 5 mins), was cold, they messed the order up and couldnt change it, tasted bad and i had a rather dicky stomach the following day (enough said about that...). Apart from that it was fine (they did actually deliver the food and were very apolegtic about it).

I advise everyone to steer well clear of it. Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rate the Balti King as being the worst in Sheffield.

One of the dips that came with the popudoms was ketchup with chopped onions.

The food was disgusting. The rice cooked to a mush, the meat (a generic sort, being brown and meat-like) was stringy and would of bounced if dropped. The sauce was unidentifiable, just a brown goo.

The others who had a veggie curry didn't do any better. They ended up with a meat curry, minus the meat.

The place is rubbish. It's a disgrace to currydom.

Originally posted by karl101

I'd rate the Balti King as being the worst in Sheffield.

One of the dips that came with the popudoms was ketchup with chopped onions.

The food was disgusting. The rice cooked to a mush, the meat (a generic sort, being brown and meat-like) was stringy and would of bounced if dropped. The sauce was unidentifiable, just a brown goo.

The others who had a veggie curry didn't do any better. They ended up with a meat curry, minus the meat.

The place is rubbish. It's a disgrace to currydom.

you'll not be going again then? :)

I've eaten at Balti King a few times and found the food and service good... although I do remember reading something in the Star about the owner being fined for rat or mouse droppings in the kitchen!

For takeaway I prefer to use Jannaths ... its cheap and very good food IMO.

It's not somewhere I'd like to be taken to on a date but for a cheap meal out with friends I think it's ok. I've never ordered a take away from Balti King though. We always use the one on Commonside opposite the Springvale Pub. Yum yum.

Originally posted by claiireee

It's not somewhere I'd like to be taken to on a date but for a cheap meal out with friends I think it's ok. I've never ordered a take away from Balti King though. We always use the one on Commonside opposite the Springvale Pub. Yum yum.

Yes the Tajak was very good. Currently its closed. It looks like they're refurbishing it and its been renamed, but I've forgotten what to. Hopefully it'll be the same cook.

I think it closed because of vermin infestation.

Archived