Any feedback on Rafters restaurant

pippadoll

I'm not copying anyone big boy. Just thought the people of Sheffield may have an interest in reading that review.

Yeah you are. Just compare your Piccolinos review to this one, it's got the same structure, the same style, the same pointless introduction of random fellow diners, the same attempt at humour that comes across at condescention.

That came across as quite negative, when I actually enjoyed reading your reviews. I just think it's interesting that all the bad points about it are present in this Matthew Norman review.

Copying's fine, good even, as long as you're copying someone good and not some pretentious, condescending, humourless tit.

p.s. Is he the same Matthew Norman who writes in the media section of The Independent?

What did you have to eat?

Belly pork... apple mash, mustard sauce. Not great, especially after the belly pork with sauerkraut that I recently had in Palma.

The ridiculous service style at Thyme McCafé really annoys me too, and it annoys me that I cannot bring myself to tip the staff because of this.

Yeah you are. Just compare your Piccolinos review to this one, it's got the same structure, the same style, the same pointless introduction of random fellow diners, the same attempt at humour that comes across at condescention.

That came across as quite negative, when I actually enjoyed reading your reviews. I just think it's interesting that all the bad points about it are present in this Matthew Norman review.

Copying's fine, good even, as long as you're copying someone good and not some pretentious, condescending, humourless tit.

p.s. Is he the same Matthew Norman who writes in the media section of The Independent?

I can only tell you the truth. I do not go out of my way to copy ANYONE. For someone who want's a career in journalism it's nonsensical to plagiarise.

Belly pork... apple mash, mustard sauce. Not great, especially after the belly pork with sauerkraut that I recently had in Palma.

The ridiculous service style at Thyme McCafé really annoys me too, and it annoys me that I cannot bring myself to tip the staff because of this.

Thyme McCafe!! Genius. That made me chuckle.

Thyme McCafe!! Genius. That made me chuckle.

Feel free to use as required, especially if it encourages Mr Smith to make his staff do the traditional thing of serving customers instead of hanging around the bar in a gang.

(Useless food question: Is the collective term for a group group of French waiters a 'merde'?)

Not realy by the look of the menu, it's pretty straight foreward, similar to the stuff you get a Thyme.

If you think you get the same food at Thyme to Rafters you really have no idea whatsoever. Thyme cafe is modeled on those informal bistro's in France. It's like what Keller's Bouchon is to French Laundry (This is Smith's Cafe to Artisan). The food at Rafters, the mise, the presentation, the service is a world apart from Thyme Cafe. Thyme Cafe is all about comfort food, Rafters is about luxurious food.

Archived