Looking for David Gagen

axus

Hello

Does anyone know the whereabouts of David Gagen please. He used to be a Licensed Conveyancer on Cambridge Street, and may also have been a Business advisor there.

David did some work for me some time ago and I urgently need some information from him about the work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Keith

Hello

Does anyone know the whereabouts of David Gagen please. He used to be a Licensed Conveyancer on Cambridge Street, and may also have been a Business advisor there.

David did some work for me some time ago and I urgently need some information from him about the work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Keith

I was a mate of his brother Geoff, we played for the same football team and were around the same age, Geoff has lived in the US for many years. David as I recall was a few years older and as I'm now 60 I bet that he's retired.

Try the Sheffield Law Society (West Street I think) they should be able to help you. :thumbsup:

Well, once again revealing the immense power of the Internet, this is "brother Geoff", responding from the USA! A friend spotted this post and alerted me to it.

As Crookesey (would that be D Crookesey?) notes, I have long been absent from the Sheffield hills - and pubs!

David did indeed have a conveyancing business in Sheffield, but he closed it down quite a few years back. So far as I know, he did not declare bankruptcy or whatever, just closed it down.

Afterwards, he "disappeared" from the Sheffield area and did not leave forwarding information with relatives - we also have a sister still over there, who I am in close contact with.

I believe that David is now residing in the south of England somewhere, but that's as much as I can tell you. I would very much doubt that he has retained files from the conveyancing work that he did, but who knows....

David is in fact a little younger than me - and at 56, I am considerably younger than the aged Crookesey. So David is still, no doubt, rising early each day to shuffle further allong the mortal coil.

Sorry that I cannot be more informative...

“I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances. Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)”

• 2 weeks later...
Well, once again revealing the immense power of the Internet, this is "brother Geoff", responding from the USA! A friend spotted this post and alerted me to it.

As Crookesey (would that be D Crookesey?) notes, I have long been absent from the Sheffield hills - and pubs!

David did indeed have a conveyancing business in Sheffield, but he closed it down quite a few years back. So far as I know, he did not declare bankruptcy or whatever, just closed it down.

Afterwards, he "disappeared" from the Sheffield area and did not leave forwarding information with relatives - we also have a sister still over there, who I am in close contact with.

I believe that David is now residing in the south of England somewhere, but that's as much as I can tell you. I would very much doubt that he has retained files from the conveyancing work that he did, but who knows....

David is in fact a little younger than me - and at 56, I am considerably younger than the aged Crookesey. So David is still, no doubt, rising early each day to shuffle further allong the mortal coil.

Sorry that I cannot be more informative...

“I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances. Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)”

Have PM'd you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Sorry about the delay in replying, my wifes has been ill and I have been upto my neck in things.

Thanks for your replies.

As far as I have got is, he sold his business to a Solicitor in or around Figtree Lane. His premises on Cambridge Street came on the market and the last occupier listed was:- David Gagen, Business Consultant.

He may have started working for a council down South as a conveyancer. I know he won't have any papers but it was a complicated conveyance and I am sure it was one he will never forget.

Geof, if I do manage to trace him, do you want his contact detalis ?

Many thanks

Keith

• 10 years later...