Dolce Vita in the Peace Gardens

hounsfieldjr

Just a quick post to share my enjoyment of a good night out last night at Piccolino in the Peace Gardens. Very nice food, good wine, fantastic and friendly service and a chance to eat outside in surroundings that make you feel like you're on holiday. Well worth £28 for three courses and wine.

Sheffield's obviously on the up!

Yes, got to agree with the OP and Bago, very nice place and highly recommend sitting outside ,weather permitting. Really adds a continental feel.

Not tried the dessert platter but very nice pizzas and really well cooked pasta dishes. Friendly and approachable staff also a bonus.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about it? I've always thought the location is lovely but it got a fairly rough review in the Star, which I don't think is ever so common.

From memory, I think the service was slated? Anyway, I do fancy going so a bit more info would be more than welcome

Hi libuse, the staff I came across on my last visit did say they were fairly new, so I suspect any issue on the service side may have been dealt with!

Whilst it is I think a chain, it is a step up from Pizza Express and Ask but on pizza and pasta at least, not a hell of a lot more expensive. I've not tried the meat or fish on the menu yet, that is a little bit pricier.

I like the feel of the place though, give it whirl - after all it's a sad day when we start believing what The Star says about most things!

Piccolino I believe is a chain restaurant which serves Italian food. It tries to follow the Italian style of dining, which is about 4-5 courses, with a pasta course too. So from their menus, you do get a very varied range of dishes to choose from. Which seems reasonable really. I think I only managed 2 courses but shared a 3rd. They also have an extensive list of anti-pasti too.

I've been once and the service was good. Maybe they are going through some teething problems still, and therefore not such a great review, but they have just opened this summer.

I tried their salmon pasta which was quite nice, but maybe a little bit heavy on the whole peppercorn. It's quite similar to the style of food which is served in the Millenium Gallery Cafe. It is one of those places which I would champion, cos their menu range is so flexible for any kind of diners really. It is one of those places which you can go during the day and have a coffee and drink or two outside with a cake or something. I hope they will do well, and keep the standard. It is one of those places which I personally would champion.

Archived