The dolls hospital

H.P

• 1 year later...

Quote I think there was a dolls hospital also on london road in the 50s anyone out there as old as me?

I lived just off London road as a kid.The doll's hospital was there at least in the '40's.

A few doors up was the dancing school where it was always fun to look through the letter box at the tapdancing class doing their thing

Quote I remember The Doll's Hospital on London Rd.It was called Merrills.It was also a toy shop.I lived 5 mins away on Franklin St back in the 50's and 60's.

You have a better memory than me remembering it was Merrills.

I lived at 10 Mount St.My neighbour was Sylvia Hipkins.Not you I suppose?We were 1935 onwards

I don't remember seeing a dolls hospital as such, but I do remember when one of my favorite dolls broke and my mum took it to the dolls hospital - it was gone for about a week and I remember being distraught thinking it was gone forever! When I eventually got it back it was like Christmas all over again! The things that you never forget!!

This was in the seventies (don't know where the hospital was)

• 3 weeks later...

I remember the dolls hospital in commonside. I remember walking from south road, walkley with my eagle-eyed action man (with his missing foot) and my sindy, who was going to get a new arm. I would have been about 10 years old, maybe younger.

The place was great, why do things like that have to close down!!!

Archived