Trying to find someone who emigrated to oz

kazads53

Hi, you don't say if the friend is male or female.Obviously males are easier to find as they don't change name on marriage.

The same as Sheffield forum has the ex pats page, have you run a search on google or similar for Australians who have an English x pats page?You could then join and ask there if anyone could help you.Also, do you remember what part of Oz they went to?

If you look on the history and ex pats section on here in the sheff forum, on the thread 'Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?' you will see that some of the members are ex sheffield , now living in OZ, they might be able to put you onto some kind of association in Oz that might help, if you ask nicely!!Hope this helps.

Kaz, try the Friends reunited website, I've managed to contact a couple of my old mates on there.

If you know there name, try the Australian white pages.

thanks for that have tried friends reunited but no luck. all i know is he went to adelaide on a £10 assisted passage in 1968 would just love to get in touch so will try your suggestions thanks....

• 3 months later...
How about giving his or her name, you never know someone may know the person or even be in contact.

Hope this helps.

Happy Days!

his name was robert revell but it was a long time ago ....dont know if he is still around but would love to find him... thanks to everyone for the suggestions

Archived