Kennings truck centre, penistone rd

Pete R

Can remember Tony, but not Dave. Pete Richards came from a place called Summertown,I think. His wife didn't like it here, due to the climate.

There was also Robert (Robin) Hood and Alan with the bright ginger hair, and Bill Headford was the shop labourer.

One thing I never forget is the two girls who did the glass-fibre laying in those Harris(?) bacon vans. They laid the floors with it along with gallons of resin, the fumes were unbearable by just poking your head inside the rear door. How they coped I'll never know.

Anyone could use the bandsaw and the planer, no safety instruction at all.

Ian was a master welder with gas, he could weld any ali sheet using gas, in fact he made silencers for his bike.

Yeah I remember hoody and bill headford his son Ian worked in the panelshop  with dave ( tinks) Taylor mitch (Michael more ) and old wilf wardley  Janet Kenyon was one of the girls the was called Sandra there were 2 guys worked with them  Glynn was one the other was called Roger he rode a Ducati bike I kept in touch with Janet last time I saw her was 1990 just before I left UK she was living on wisewood estate  bloody hell that's a lifetime ago now I have now retired and living the dream in West Australia  the last place I worked in UK was Robin Hood in Doncaster with Ernie Mace Vessey Eddie Aykroyd & Derek Godley and Batman quite a few of ex kenning staff what you doing now 

When I first started at kennings I lived on Grammar st walkley  Bill Headford lived in Creswick st we used to walk to work together through Hillsborough park the number of times we where chased off by the Chinese geese they had on the boating lake just about every other day retread my previous post added some info

Edited by Golly D Guite

12 hours ago, Golly D Guite said:

Yeah I remember hoody and bill headford his son Ian worked in the panelshop  with dave ( tinks) Taylor mitch (Michael more ) and old wilf wardley  Janet Kenyon was one of the girls the was called Sandra there were 2 guys worked with them  Glynn was one the other was called Roger he rode a Ducati bike I kept in touch with Janet last time I saw her was 1990 just before I left UK she was living on wisewood estate  bloody hell that's a lifetime ago now I have now retired and living the dream in West Australia  the last place I worked in UK was Robin Hood in Doncaster with Ernie Mace Vessey Eddie Aykroyd & Derek Godley and Batman quite a few of ex kenning staff what you doing now 

I'll send you a PM.

As a student in '64, I worked for Longdens on a building extension for Kennings here. A mobile home based on a full-size coach was often seen on the forecourt of the factory which I was told belonged to Arthur Lee of the steelwork company. The rear of the coach opened up to provide wheelchair access.

The only coach I can remember similar to that I think it was brown and gold livery the whole back opened up for a formula 3 car to drive in not sure but around late sixties stan hay woods son was into formula 3 racing don't think it belonged to them . On display in the showroom was a horse drawn paraffin tanker that was one of the first of the kenning families business endeavour's

Ian Headford worked with me at Waldot Service Station on Middlewood rd i sold him a Peel Mountain mile fairing for his Norton Bike,I was driving Stan Haywood sons brand new Mini Cooper round the daft island at the top of Hoyle st when some soft bugger ran into it he was none too pleased.I remember Ziggy having Continental Cars at the front of Kennings Penistone rd.