Akbars Rotherham? Anyone Been?

Michael_N

As anyone being to akbars at rotherham on meadowbank road, we have being to the leeds one before on eastgate, but fancy going to the rotherham one this time for a change and as it's 5 minutes away from our house, is it the same as the leeds ones were you just turn up or does this one have an advanced booking process also whats the food like at this one?

Cheers, Mick

Why don't you join us? We're having an unofficial S.F meet there on the 19th.

Be a good opportunity to meet some new faces. :)

I've been maybe 5 or 6 times now since it opened, in a variety of different groups, from just our lass and I, to 14 strong with the lads.

Each time I have waited no longer than it takes to have one drink, maybe 20 min max, and then have enjoyed great food as has everyone I've been with. In addition the surroundings are very nicely done, there is a great atmosphere.

I will be going again without a doubt, its the best Indian restaurant I've been to in the Sheffield area by far.

We've been twice and had great food on both occasions, with swift, attentive and friendly service. We went at the weekend and got in early before the main rush, and during the week (Monday I think or possibly Tuesday) when it was a bit emptier. Both times we were served quickly, but when we left at the weekend there were a lot of people waiting, so yeah, get in early.

They also do take-away, which we've had and is also plenty yummy. Good alternative if you don't mind eating at home and don't want to wait.

I know someone at work who as tried all the Akbars restaurant chain except for the new rotherham one, and he says by far the best one for best service and food is the one in york, and the best set out restaurant aswell, so may have to check out the york one some time too.

He says the bradford one is ok, but the manchester one is a bit better, then the leeds eastgate one, and then the bradford one followed by the leeds greek street. (But everyones tastes are different and as he is an Indian him self i think he will know about them more than most people :))

Just seen on there website for a minute i thought they had one in sheffield, but they are now saying the sheffield one is the ROTHERHAM one? seems strange, but will no doubt be to entice more trade as more people will have heard of sheffield compared to rotherham i am sure.

Here is the link to the rotherham one: http://www.akbars.co.uk/rest_shef.asp

Also to my favourite restaurant of the chain, if you like akbars you should try this one: http://www.akbars.co.uk/rest_leeds1.asp

Archived