Anyone been in Roebuck now it's re-opened?

Shazine

yup, i popped in for a swift half before work on friday evening....its fab!

definitely a huge improvement and i really like the flock wallpaper- not to everybodys taste i recognise, but the red under the lights looks gorgeous! :love:

im also loving the ma-hoo-sive mirror in the pool area...very glam!

overall, yes, i approve very muchly- now then, any chance of getting their decorators to come and do my gaff?:D

x

Hi, I agree , takes some getting used to but a nice refit all in all. By the way the ma-hoo-sive mirror in the pool room has always been there, so must have done something right for you to notice it now.:)

id never investigated the pool room before! :blush:

id only ever been in once before the re-furb, and i have to say, that the place does seem so much roomier now and id definitely be more inclined to come in again.

x

Have they totally dismantled the traditional multi-roomed layout? :|

No, the only part they have taken away is the seating between the window room with the fireplace and the big middle room, so this is now opened up but the small "non smoking" room, now the "snug" :roll: is still there and looking very smart. The bar area looks a lot bigger with a complete refit. Come and take a look I think you will be pleasantly surprised.:)

So, can we legitimately regard the Roebuck as a 'Gay' Pub? It has certainly been openly Gay-Friendly for years, but so, in my opinion, have several others, such as the Penny Black, the Rutland, the Queens Head, The Sanctuary, Ruskins, Takapuna, The Lounge, etc. etc....

The real acid test of arriving on the Gay Scene of Sheffield would be to have a regular Drag spot once a week (Hint, hint!). Drag is also immensely popular with 'Straight' people and youngsters such as students too.

Any takers?

Archived