New Broomhill Cafe - Cream

Bojolo

On Sunday we were trying to get to the Tesco on London road for a breakfast in the cafe - unfortunately we couldn't because of the Yorkshire run. We spotted Cream in Broomhill and thought we would give it a try.

Hmm. Well. 2 English breakfasts a capuccino and a mocha. £17.15 and that was the correct price.

Coffee - very poor - will not be able to compete with Remo's or Vittel

Breakfast - 1 sausage, Puree egg (supposed to be scrambled but like slop), half a tomato, 2 rashers of bacon and a spoonful of beans. £5.50 extortion. It was average. Although it was clear that the bacon and sausage were quality meat products.

I saw 5 or 6 staff on - Sunday morning at 11am, 5 or 6 customers. But the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing and weren't unfriendly but not friendly either - if you catch my drift.

I was very underwhelmed and after checking out the rest of the menu with those prices they certainly won't be attracting my trade again and probably not any of the students either.

I'm actually disappointed because it was bright and airy and modern (although the toilet door opened out into the cafe - which I find a bit intrusive) and looked like my kind of place.

We should have eatery/drinkery review section somewhere. I was reading a rafters one earlier and found it very helpful.

On Sunday we were trying to get to the Tesco on London road for a breakfast in the cafe - unfortunately we couldn't because of the Yorkshire run. We spotted Cream in Broomhill and thought we would give it a try.

Hmm. Well. 2 English breakfasts a capuccino and a mocha. £17.15 and that was the correct price.

Coffee - very poor - will not be able to compete with Remo's or Vittel

Breakfast - 1 sausage, Puree egg (supposed to be scrambled but like slop), half a tomato, 2 rashers of bacon and a spoonful of beans. £5.50 extortion. It was average. Although it was clear that the bacon and sausage were quality meat products.

I saw 5 or 6 staff on - Sunday morning at 11am, 5 or 6 customers. But the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing and weren't unfriendly but not friendly either - if you catch my drift.

I was very underwhelmed and after checking out the rest of the menu with those prices they certainly won't be attracting my trade again and probably not any of the students either.

I'm actually disappointed because it was bright and airy and modern (although the toilet door opened out into the cafe - which I find a bit intrusive) and looked like my kind of place.

We should have eatery/drinkery review section somewhere. I was reading a rafters one earlier and found it very helpful.

I read that the owner is Danish, which kinda explains the high prices - she still on Danish krona!

It's really expensive over there but from what you said she needs to align the quantity and quality with the inflated price.

I think they think that coz you're sat in an art gallery that you don't mind being ripped off.

They'll not survive 6 months if they don't amend one or the other.

We went in on Saturday afternoon and I thought it was nice, but I must admit to being a bit surprised by the cost.

I also asked if they could do a smaller bowl of soup for my daughter and was told that was fine, but then charged the full price! Eh??!! I queried this and they did give me some money back.

It was pretty full on Saturday - but I'm not sure I'd go back very often.

we went on saturday for lunch...£4.75 each for a sandwich was pretty pricey...I quite liked the coffee blend but mine was cold by the time the waiting staff had meandered around the place trying to work out who it was for...some table numbering wouldnt go amiss! we wont be going again when there are so many other (and in my opinion better) places in the area for coffee/lunch.

Anybody wanting a 'proper' Sunday breakfast avoids arty-farty places like Cream. Head out along South Road for a belly buster breakfast. Cheap but massive portions; perfect for the morning after the night before.

On the other hand, it's early days at Cream and maybe they all need to find their feet. The owner will soon know if their prices are too high, especially when the students return as there are plenty of other alternatives in Broomhill.

It's in a nice location, great when the windows are wide open and should have a promising future. As the old saying goes, if you like what we do, tell others; if you don't, tell us. (I have no connections with the place, I haven't even been in.)

Krona or not - these prices clearly show lack of market research!

As for letting them know they're downfalls - the staff couldn't cope with delivering your order and being asked for sauce - I doubt they could handle constructive crit!

If they were switched onto their market and community they would've already read this!

Archived