New Broomhill Cafe - Cream

Bojolo

Coffee cold, I only drink espresso and I know a good and that wasn't a good one. Little bit sparse and cold in terms of atmosphere. Pricey, compared to Starbucks, the awful Coffee Revloution, Buon Deli and the outstanding Bragazzis. Why does nowhere in Broomhill quite seem to get it right?

You haven't mentioned Remo's, which is right in the centre of Broomhill and not only 'gets it right' but is some of the best coffee, cakes and panini's I've had ANYWHERE.

(I've never heard of/seen Bragazzi's and I've lived in Broomhill for 6 years, where is it?)

As regards Cream, I went for the first time last week and had the hot chocolate with pear and ginger which I personally thought was really nice and very unusual (proper hot chocolate and real bits of pear!) At £2.75 it was a little bit pricey but only slightly more than you'd pay in Starbucks. Haven't had their coffee or food so wouldn't know but personally I didn't think it was that bad. Certainly not as bad as the hideous warm mud they serve in Refresh across the road which I don't think should even have the name of coffee!

I have yet to try out this new place, it is a PRIME position in Broomhill and visible to all and hence is going to be very expensive rent/lease. It should do very well as students will walk past all the time in both directions.........wish I'd thought of this myself actually, it does fill a massive gap in Broomhill, and the potential is vast...

Yes I agree with the poster above, some cafe/galleries in Europe are superb models to work from...there is one fab one in Amsterdam but I can't recall its name......(of course in Amsterdam they could also a certain extra 'something' on their menu (!) but that is not the point) it's about decor, ambience and quality......

Passing student trade - not at those prices.

Massive gap in the Broomhill Market - Remo's, Vittles, Thyme????

Personally my favourite is Remo's.

Well done for pointing that our Medicgirl! Remo's coffee is the best in Sheffield.

(I've never heard of/seen Bragazzi's and I've lived in Broomhill for 6 years, where is it?)

Certainly not as bad as the hideous warm mud they serve in Refresh across the road which I don't think should even have the name of coffee!

Bragazzi's is on Abbeydale Rd (or London Rd?) not Broomhill...

Refresh coffee isn't great but they sell Belvoir presses (mmmm) and their cakes are often good.

I've called into cream almost everyday from the day it opened.

It seems that most of the people who are posting comments have not really noticed what a massive improvement the owners have made to the building.

The coffee is fairly priced and from memory seems like you get more for your money than most other places. You can actually taste coffee, unlike Starbucks hot milk.

I also think they have had the coffee blended specially for them rather than just using Lavazza coffee anyone can buy from the supermarket like some other coffee shops do.

The tea is also really good and a brand I have not seen before.

They also have a large range of snakes, some are nut free, home made cakes, which are really nice and a small quality range of retail items, some off which are made locally. No other cafe in Broomhill has so much to offer.

I have not had a meal, but from what I have sean being delivered to other customers it looks like simple, fresh, high quality food and not micro or reheated dinners.

When the gallery opens later this year I think it will be a really nice place to visit and hopefully by then the couple who own it will have sorted out the training issues and teething problems.

When you think a best costs £3 plus over the road, given to you in a paper bag to eat on the pavement and a breakfast in cream cost £5 plus which you can eat in comfortable surrounding with a range of sauces and great coffee, not nescaf, I know which place I would rather visit.

I'm please that the grotty cleaning company has moved and I'd like to wish them luck with the business.

Thanks for coming to Broomhill.

I've called into cream almost everyday from the day it opened.

It seems that most of the people who are posting comments have not really noticed what a massive improvement the owners have made to the building.

The coffee is fairly priced and from memory seems like you get more for your money than most other places. You can actually taste coffee, unlike Starbucks hot milk.

I also think they have had the coffee blended specially for them rather than just using Lavazza coffee anyone can buy from the supermarket like some other coffee shops do.

The tea is also really good and a brand I have not seen before.

They also have a large range of snakes, some are nut free, home made cakes, which are really nice and a small quality range of retail items, some off which are made locally. No other cafe in Broomhill has so much to offer.

I have not had a meal, but from what I have sean being delivered to other customers it looks like simple, fresh, high quality food and not micro or reheated dinners.

When the gallery opens later this year I think it will be a really nice place to visit and hopefully by then the couple who own it will have sorted out the training issues and teething problems.

When you think a best costs £3 plus over the road, given to you in a paper bag to eat on the pavement and a breakfast in cream cost £5 plus which you can eat in comfortable surrounding with a range of sauces and great coffee, not nescaf, I know which place I would rather visit.

I'm please that the grotty cleaning company has moved and I'd like to wish them luck with the business.

Thanks for coming to Broomhill.

Mmmm nutfree snakes. I don't want to be unendingly critical and I apologise Bragazzis is not in any way close to Broomhill, just my good coffee/atmosphere bench mark. Cream's premises area great spot for a really first class place. Buon Deli, Remo's Thyme, etc. all great, Refresh, less so but Cream has the location that none of those have, (certainly if like me you pass through Broomhill rathr than work there) it's not going to be a cheap place to rent but it won't be even Ecclesall Road money I suspect. Probably in the £20-25k a year ground rent, I would hazard an unqualified guess. Maybe it will improve but it's just not great, interior decor, etc. just could be better, it feels empty I think is the main thing, it will be worse come winter when it's dark and cold outside, it's going to look like Night Hawks in there! It is pricey, double espresso is £1.50...everywhere, even London, I want to see it do well but I don't think they've got the mix right...yet.

We went on the Saturday after Cream opened on the Tuesday. I like the design, and the drinks and steak sandwich were OK but my slice of quiche was about an inch wide with a tablespoonful of salad - for £4.95! Nice atmosphere, if they improve the value for money factor I would go again. I know rents are expensive but they'll not have many repeat customers at those prices.

Archived