New Broomhill Cafe - Cream

Bojolo

• 2 months later...

I was in Cream tonight for the opening of their new exhibition (three - scott hawkins, foster, kate vale - on until 2/11/08 ).

I can't comment on the value for money aspect (because I was a ligger :thumbsup:), but I thought it was a great art space, comfortable to be in and in a lovely location with good views (go upstairs to the corner window when it's dark) across the city. The staff were efficient and pleasant too.

The refreshments provided were delicious, and, if they are any indication of the usual menu, I'd have no hesitation in choosing to eat there.

Oh yeah, and I'm a pal of kate's, so go and see her pictures!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just wanted to say what a brilliant place, well done to the owners and staff!

What a great addition to Broomhill it's been since it opened. Always seems busy so I hope business is OK, it'd be a big loss if it went.

I like the place too - great coffee and I like their sourcing of fair trade etc without ramming it down everyone's throats.

I've never eaten there though. As a veggie, their breakfast option (which seems to consist of about 90 types of cheese) isn't too much of a draw. But most coffee shops don't have much to offer me in the way of food (especially as they're all quite pricey anyway) but as a place to sit and have a few coffees, I really like it. I think the venue helps as it's 90% windows so nice and bright.

My only lament is that it (or any coffee shop in Sheffield) isn't open until later. I'm always after somewhere to haunt of an evening without being compelled to start boozing.

Archived