Good dog walks with soft paths

Strix

As some of you may already know, I have a beagle with a severe limp (improving), so I need to walk him on a soft surface coz he drags his feet (literally). The beach is ideal, but I haven't found one in Sheffiled yet ;) . Grass is a bit tricky too coz it can trip him up.

Does anybody know any good spots to walk him (probably no more than half an hour)?

We went to Totley woods on Saturday and this sort of thing is perfect.

:help::):help:

hi strix - doggy person here just logged in!

I take my dog to Ecclesall Woods sometimes - the main paths have been covered in hardcore, but he might be able to walk alongside them and on some paths.

Racking my brain for other walks with no grass/pavements ....

So do spaniels, unfortunately. Fergus has been covered head to paw in thick black mud on several occasions. Causes much entertainment for passers-by but I don't enjoy cleaning him up, and neither does he!! He puts up with a bath but gets very scabby when he's wet, although he's getting better with the hairdryer.

So there's a price to pay, eh, Fergus?

Beagles have a useful 'rub clean' coat, which was one reason for choosing him! We had a jack russel and a westie as kids, and I know which one I preferred grooming! :thumbsup:

Anybody else know any good dog walks with soft paths?

Hiya Strix:), Have you ever been up Stanage edge?. There's a nice walk up from Redmires (i think), Or at least it was the last time i was up there. There's also Rivelin. Loads of different places up there to explore!.

I will agree with Padley Gorge though, nice place for the kids as well.

Just a thought... Have you ever been inside Norfolk Park?. The main central part is more moss than grass now, Hardly anything for him to trip up on:thumbsup: