Eccelsall ''Non Potts''

Tim42

Originally posted by Classic Rock

Can I just remind you all that the Classic Rock Bar on Ecclesall Rd has live music every night, plenty of atmosphere and bottled beers start at a quid, we're also real ale award winners. I think that fulfills your wish lists in this thread. :)

But im scared to go in there!!!

Originally posted by Tim42

Does any body know if The ''Non Pots'' has been bought by Wetherspoons? Hope they are. I have heard rumours that they have. I think Ecclessall road is woefully short of pubs for such a long, fashionable & busy region of town.

No, it will be a restaurant, and flats above I believe.

Originally posted by richynomates

absolutely not - it should remain a predominantly shopping area - enough shops have already gone and made way for estate agents and food/drink places.

As non-pots wasn't a shop, the planning has gone through easily for non-shop operations, but i think they are including one shop in the development.

The Takapuna people are said to be opening a bar on Ecclesall Road under some appartments. The Brewery one looks too big, so maybe it will be them?

Anything will be better than a 'spoons though....

You are absolutely right that Takapuna are opening up on Ecclesall Road - and yes, it will be in the A3 unit on the old Wards Brewery site, not the NP.

Archived