Registry office wedding

hi hun my friend got married yesterday at the registry office and you DO NOT have to see the groom before the wedding, they put her and her bridsmaids in a little side room as soon as she arrived and interviewed them both seperately, she just said she had to let them know 2 weeks before so they were ready hope this helps

It does, thats fantastic thanks! I really must get things sorted this side of christmas! I'm also going to go and visit the twin oaks hotel, anyone been there?

Just wondering if anyone could sort of point me in the direction of how much (Roughly) it would cost for a reg' office wedding, I know the prices of the actual wedding £105...but I'm talking for like the cars, flowers, and everything else...I am trying to look into it but being a male I have no idea and I can't discuss it with the missus as she doesn't completely know, all she know is that she wants to get married.

Thanks all...

We did our wedding on a budget and it was fantastic, I wouldnt change a bit of it. We had a reg office wedding at Rotherham and had the meal and eve do at The Red Lion at Todwick and they were great, they threw in the bridle suite with the booking and were very organised and made our day special. We didnt have cars and I decorated a cake myself. I got my dress in the sales as we got married in Sept (a good time to buy a dress). I was late to the reg office, so arrived in a bit of a fluster, but they were very understanding and we were ages taking photos inside and out.

I did think about a civil ceremony but the prices were ridiculous and the day is about getting married after all.

It cost £1500 including photographer.

We did our wedding on a budget and it was fantastic, I wouldnt change a bit of it. We had a reg office wedding at Rotherham and had the meal and eve do at The Red Lion at Todwick and they were great, they threw in the bridle suite with the booking and were very organised and made our day special. We didnt have cars and I decorated a cake myself. I got my dress in the sales as we got married in Sept (a good time to buy a dress). I was late to the reg office, so arrived in a bit of a fluster, but they were very understanding and we were ages taking photos inside and out.

I did think about a civil ceremony but the prices were ridiculous and the day is about getting married after all.

It cost £1500 including photographer.

thats my kind of price range! I think I'm going to look into the reg office and see if I can find a decent venue for the reception ect

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The registrar has to check the details of botht the bride and the groom immediately prior to the wedding - there is no reason to check them both together, this is a logistical thing.

For people who arn't wanting the 'big church wedding', have you thought about going to a non-conformist church whose weddings are much more personal. They are conducted by the minister, and the registrar has to attend to do the registering only. I conducted a wedding a few weeks ago, and the service was very personal, not like being read out of a book. The only wording that has to be in are the legal bits.

• 2 weeks later...
The registrar has to check the details of botht the bride and the groom immediately prior to the wedding - there is no reason to check them both together, this is a logistical thing.

For people who arn't wanting the 'big church wedding', have you thought about going to a non-conformist church whose weddings are much more personal. They are conducted by the minister, and the registrar has to attend to do the registering only. I conducted a wedding a few weeks ago, and the service was very personal, not like being read out of a book. The only wording that has to be in are the legal bits.

I've never heard of that, can you give some more information please?

• 3 weeks later...

We had an appointment at the register office on 2nd January, prior to our wedding later this month. We asked about whether we could do the 'formalities' separately on the day, and they said they don't do that anymore. It's a bit of a disappointment, but we're certainly not going to let it spoil our day!!

• 2 years later...

Archived