Registry office wedding

hi hun i got married at townhall last july and i wouldnt get married there!! fire alarm went of (practice run) in the middle of our wedding they then carried on and rushed us out before we could sign the register---i had to sign it on the peace gardens wall :-( if i was you i would pay that extra to enjoy your day i then went to sitwell arms where we had a lovely meal and a great time (thank god) lol and i read the other day they have a offer on for 2010 that you pay £2010 pound for everything the wedding the hair,make up, so much towards your dress, meal, fizzy wine, disco, and buffet BARGIN if you ask me oh and think they decorate the room for you as well plus your photo will look great and the lake is beauiful hope this helps and good luck x

We are getting married there in August, I may sound a bit thick here but do you walk down the aisle and have your dad give you away?

We were at the front, down the aisle sorting the papers out first (we didn't bother with this not seeing each other before the wedding crap) and then we forgot to get back to the back of the room! My dad was supposed to walk me down, but we forgot!

It was great though. The registrar was lovely and we just all had a laugh. For me the wedding itself was not the main event - it was just a paper exercise - the main event was the party afterwards!!! So, yeah, if you are looking for a special wedding then I wouldn't recommend you get married there, but for us it was ideal - totally relaxed and understated.

Archived