Kate walsh @ richard hawley

marc1990

Saw her supporting John Power (I think it was) in the Boardwalk a while back. Dull is the word I would use also.

Then again I'd say Richard Hawley is extremely dull too. One of the most over-rated artists ever. I can't believe the praise continually heaped upon him. Yes he seems a good bloke, and yes he's from Sheffield but so what.

I saw her at the boardwalk a couple of months ago, I liked about 4 of hersongs but the rest were a bit samey and dull. How old is she, she looked a lot younger than she sounds?

23 I believe. She recovered well after having to twice retune her guitar for one particular song - something to do with it only having 12 frets I think :confused:

Saw her supporting John Power (I think it was) in the Boardwalk a while back. Dull is the word I would use also.

Then again I'd say Richard Hawley is extremely dull too. One of the most over-rated artists ever. I can't believe the praise continually heaped upon him. Yes he seems a good bloke, and yes he's from Sheffield but so what.

Each to their own I suppose, but have you actually taken the time to listen to any of his albums, been to any of his concerts or watched the many vids (both live bootleg and official) on YouTube? Admittedly (for me anyway) I do have to be in a melancholy mood to fully enjoy his stuff but since I heard Baby You're My Light being pushed by Mark and Lard a fair few years ago on Radio1 I have followed his new career. I eventually bought Coles Corner out of curiosity and I must admit that I didn't think much to it at the first listen but after a while it started to grow on me and I began to really appreciate his incredible voice and the guitar work. I went to his first concert last December at the City Hall and am proud to have witnessed an incredible night. The new album, Lady's Bridge, is more or less much of the same kind of stuff but just as good as Coles Corner, and again I had to listen to it a few times before I started to appreicate it. Last night at the City Hall he again showed just how genuine and talented he is - no need for studio 'tricks' to make him sound good, he just is, and the sell-out crowd demonstrated that with their enthusiasm for the performance.

Archived