Forum to open upstairs pool room

Geoff

Noticed that the Forum (the bar) has applied for permission to open an upstairs pool room. What are your opinions on this? Do you think it will be a success or do you think the popularity of pool has declined? None of the 'new' bars in the city centre appear to have installed one pool table - let alone a whole room full!

Originally posted by Geoff

Noticed that the Forum (the bar) has applied for permission to open an upstairs pool room. What are your opinions on this? Do you think it will be a success or do you think the popularity of pool has declined? None of the 'new' bars in the city centre appear to have installed one pool table - let alone a whole room full!

we had one in the bar 101....it more than paid for itself..most of the day time punters came in just for the pool......if we'd had enough room for 2 tables i would have got another one,apart from fri/sat wednesdays was our busiest night..pool night

I think a lot of the new bars have thought "what will get us the most money a pool table taking-up 24 square-foot of space being used by two people, or 24 customers standing in one square foot of space per person ?"

I like pool, and being able to play without having to keep asking people to move would be nice. I hope it works out for them.

I think its a great idea. Sheffield has been crying out for this for some time. If anyone has ever been to the Elbow Rooms in Leeds then I hope it will be like that. You can hire a pool table for an hour (american size) and there is music playing a dance floor and they serve food as well. Its a great night out rather than just standing around in bar after bar.

Archived