Anyone remember their reading books at school?

Deebles

I remember Little black Sambo books- Milly Molly Mandy-Billy Goat Gruff sounds familiar too.

I used to haunt the library at Southey Green when I was old enough for a library ticket. Stilll reading - at the moment I'm reading a book 'Treasury of Sherlock Holmes' fascinating.

I remember Little black Sambo books.

I used to haunt the library at Southey Green when I was old enough for a library ticket. .

I remember these books too also topsy and timand peter and jane.

I was always at southey library,I was a library helper there.I used to love stamping the books and filing the tickets,I felt really important..:)

I remember these books too also topsy and timand peter and jane.

I was always at southey library,I was a library helper there.I used to love stamping the books and filing the tickets,I felt really important..:)

Ooh I would have loved that when I was little. I made little square pockets with tickets in for my books at home and my mum bought me a date stamper and I spent hours 'playing' at library! It was my ambition to be a librarian, but unfortunately by the time I grew up it went all computerised and i just didn't have the same appeal anymore!

Ooh I would have loved that when I was little. I made little square pockets with tickets in for my books at home and my mum bought me a date stamper and I spent hours 'playing' at library! It was my ambition to be a librarian, but unfortunately by the time I grew up it went all computerised and i just didn't have the same appeal anymore!

I uesd to do that as well.All my books had the made up pockets,infact I think I still have an old book which still has a pocket with all dates stamped in it.

I absolutely loved it when I got the job.

Archived