Nursery in Hillsborough Park

BorderReiver

Can any one remember the nursery in Hillsborough Park?

It used to be in a prefab down near the Penistone Rd. entrance. We used to go there in the early 50's.

They had bunk beds and used to make us little kids go to sleep in the middle of the afternoon :confused:

Everyone was outside in the park running around playing and shouting - and we had to sleep - it was absolute torture. :gag:

Can any one remember the nursery in Hillsborough Park?

It used to be in a prefab down near the Penistone Rd. entrance. We used to go there in the early 50's.

They had bunk beds and used to make us little kids go to sleep in the middle of the afternoon :confused:

Everyone was outside in the park running around playing and shouting - and we had to sleep - it was absolute torture. :gag:

I went there during WW11.

All I can remember was the rough jerseys they used to make us wear

Cannot remember the daily routine but me and brothers went there during the late 40s early 50s whilst mum went to Bassetts.

We lived very local and as we grew up we could see all the kiddies in bed outside for their afternoon kip.

Have some terrific childhood memories of Hillsborough park and when we visit Sheffield I often stroll through early morning and reminisce.

Archived