Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

• 3 weeks later...

dont use that amateur on lane top,made a mighty fine mess of mine!! Then i tried the one near kfc in hillsborough for aahhhhhh lasses car and again,what a mess.

Just for your reference,tinting of your front windows is illegal.

cheers for replies everyone. yeah i do mean on a car.

hoping to have back ones fully tinted and a light shade on the front ones. shall give fade and shade at hillsborough a call.

Any extra tinting on your front windows will more than likely make your car illegal to use on public roads! This is because nearly all modern car windows are already tinted to allow 70% of light through. Have a look at the writing in the bottom corner of the window and and it will say TRANSPARENCY 70% MIN.

I had my rear side windows, rear quarter lights and rear window tinted at Protint on just off Shalesmoor. They did a good job (no marks or bubbles) and it cost £200 approx.

the best person in sheffield for this is courtney. I believe he has a place on city road, not sure of the name, but he has been doing it for years and his work is top notch.

i concur with the poster about the one at the pub at lane top