Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

Whoever you choose to use, make sure the light percentage coming in to your car is above the legal limit or else you can end up being stopped by the poliice who will then refuse to let you drive your car home without having the tint removed first and can fine you for it (this can be expensive!!)

On this subject - I had my cars rear windows tinted about a month ago at a well known tinting place in Shalesmoor. The tint level was about 50 % and this was to keep the sun off my little lad. When it was first done the rear of the car seemed quite dark from inside but now I'm sure it's become lighter. Can this be possible? Has the tint level somehow decreased or is it just that I've just got used to it? Please let me know if you have experienced anything similar.

Thanks.

You will have just got used to it when i first bought my new scooby with tints on i thought i was in the black hole! but now i am so used to it i forget i have them it just seems normal! untill i go in a normal car and am blinded by god dam sunlight! lol my are too only legal standard so yeah id say you have just adapted now. They are so good for kids i would never have a car without them.

i personally cant see the point in tinted windows...only really on limo's where people want privacy for example but not on an 'average users' car

There good to keep the blaring sun off, especially with babies and young children. Although alot of shallow people thing only drug dealers have them:rant: which is just pathetic!