Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

I helped a friend apply it to his car windows a few years ago. I'm quite artistic, have a very steady hand and am usually quite good at that sort of thing, but I'll tell you now, its very, very difficult to get it to look like anything other than a self -applied bodge job.

The glass has to be cleaned to a surgical degree or you will end up with bubbles and bumps. Even a tiny speck of dust, fingerprint, smudge or hair will cause it to not stick properly which will then leave a bubble which will worsen over time as the tint expands and contracts with changing temperatures.

If you want it to actually look good and not like you did it yourself then I'd recommend paying the extra cash and getting it done properly.

My Passat came with the side windows to the rear of the B post ready tinted, don't know if its film or just dark glass, but the front two side windows just have the standard light tint. When I lived down south my mate got stopped by a Police/VOSA checkpoint his van failed a light lumicity test and he had to remove the film at the roadside or walk home as a vehicle prohibition notice would be served on it.

To be honest I think it looks pretty sh*t anyway, like lexus rear lights and huge exhaust tailpipes, as someone once said the automotive equivalent to a shellsuit.

My Passat came with the side windows to the rear of the B post ready tinted, don't know if its film or just dark glass, but the front two side windows just have the standard light tint. When I lived down south my mate got stopped by a Police/VOSA checkpoint his van failed a light lumicity test and he had to remove the film at the roadside or walk home as a vehicle prohibition notice would be served on it.

To be honest I think it looks pretty sh*t anyway, like lexus rear lights and huge exhaust tailpipes, as someone once said the automotive equivalent to a shellsuit.

Good job always looks good, that's why I recomend QuickTint Phone: 0785 326 5579