Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had a Tint repair done on their car, or know anywhere that might do them ? Only iv'e been quoted £60 - £70 for Re tinting a rear window, but it's only got a little bit, about 1 Square inch where a pram caught it thats the problem ! Cheers

• 2 months later...

I am looking at having my windows tinted on my car, but am a complete novice in the area of pricing! Have been quoted £120 for 3 rear windows of my 307, does anyone with knowledge know if this is reasonable? Also any tips or things to look out for would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Also any tips or things to look out for would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

I think 'things to look out for' would be greatly compromised if you tint your windows.

However ... police cars, Bugatti's, anything faster than a 307 (most cars), ice cream vans, 'gangstas' and other chavs would be ideal candidates.

Why not just buy some decent sunglasses? :rolleyes:

My next door neighbour turned up with his car windows tinted a few weeks ago. When I asked him why he had done it he said, "For when I'm using the mobile phone innit!"

Apparently the word on the street is that you are far less likely to be caught using the mobile while driving if your car has tints ( or eating an apple or drinking from a can or any of the other things you are not allowed to do while driving). I have to admit that since he said this I have noticed that you can't see a thing when they are fitted.

Mind you I don't know why he is bothered cos the police are so thin on the ground around here that the odds on getting caught are astronomical anyway.

My next door neighbour turned up with his car windows tinted a few weeks ago. When I asked him why he had done it he said, "For when I'm using the mobile phone innit!"

Apparently the word on the street is that you are far less likely to be caught using the mobile while driving if your car has tints ( or eating an apple or drinking from a can or any of the other things you are not allowed to do while driving). I have to admit that since he said this I have noticed that you can't see a thing when they are fitted.

Mind you I don't know why he is bothered cos the police are so thin on the ground around here that the odds on getting caught are astronomical anyway.

I have observed loads of fat coppers!